Killzone: Shadow Fall getting two bundles, Sony confirms

Thursday, 26th September 2013 14:27 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Killzone: Shadow Fall bundle which was leaked last month on Amazon France has been confirmed by Sony. The firm has also announced a second bundle for the next-gen shooter.

The first bundle will run you €499/£429 and comes with a copy of the game, two DualShock 4 controllers and the PlayStation Camera.

Bought separately, all of this would cost you arouond £503 give or take, so the bundle would save you £70 – as of post time.

A second European bundle will come with the game, PS4 console, and just one DualShock 4 controller for €439. Unlike the one above, it does not include the camera. (Thanks, CVG)

“I can officially confirm that the answer is yes [Sony will bring the bundle to the UK],” Sony UK boss Fergal Gara told Eurogamer today at the Eurogamer Expo. “It’ll be similarly benchmarked in euro equivalent. PlayStation 4 is £349 and €399, so it will be the same equivalent.

“It will be no more than a tenner either way [of the Xbox One £429 UK price] depending on what conversation rate we use on the given day.”

Sony will announce several new PS4 bundles tomorrow, Eurogamer understands, and those who have pre-ordered PS4 now have the option to upgrade to one of these upcoming bundles.

“It [the mega bundle] is in limited volume, and therefore it is probably going to go mainly to current pre-order customers, then follow-up volume may well be post-Christmas,” Gara said. “But there are other bundles that also represent incredibly good value. It’s not just about having a good base price. We want to offer value in every way we can.

“Starting yesterday, our retail partners are contacting their pre-order customers in order, so starting with the first, working up to when they run out of that special bundle, saying, we now have clarity on exactly what PlayStation 4 bundles we have to offer for day one. Everybody who has pre-ordered in the expectation they’re getting just the PS4, including the DualShock 4 and the headset – the basic configuration.

“But as we’ve worked through the details and worked through the options we’ve come up with some great bundle offers. And it is only fair the first people in the queue get first chance to get that.”

Killzone: Shadow Fall is a launch title for PS4 and a livestream of the EG Expo pertaining to the game is set to go off in about 30 minutes.

1. VibraniumSpork

This: http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/money.gif

Take it.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 That was pretty awesome :D

#2 1 year ago
  3. VibraniumSpork

@2 http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx258/EsakiRiuSama/KissesRDJ.gif ;D

#3 1 year ago
  4. reask

Not sure this game will move many consoles tbh.
    I liked 3 but the kz2 fans didnt so base got pretty split.

#4 1 year ago
  5. DrDamn

I was leaning towards KZ:SF anyway – think it’s shaping up nicely. This deal looks great value.

#5 1 year ago
  6. KineticCalvaria

I’d rather have BF4 to be honest, but I’m expecting a bundle for it will be announced tomorrow along with AC:BF and CoD bundles perhaps?

Just wish I could swap the black controller for a red one, otherwise it’s great value, darn it!

#6 1 year ago
  7. bobnice

I agree, there are many other better shooters than killzone. Ive played 2 and 3 and felt they were just about graphics with pretty standard shooter stuff. If im gonna buy a shooter then its gonna be Battlefield 4.

#7 1 year ago
  8. monkeygourmet

Yep, having this and no mistake my liege.

#8 1 year ago
  9. VibraniumSpork

I’ve already pre-ordered the PS4, KZ and the Camera – this is a no-brainer ^_^ Just hope I’m low enough down the GAME pre-order to list to get offered one >_<

UPDATE: FYI, I've just contacted my local GAME Store (Norwich branch) and they knew nada, zip, bupkiss about this bundle. Maybe they're not a chosen "retail partner"? That seems hard to believe though…

#9 1 year ago
  10. viralshag

Definitely gutted I cancelled my pre-order now.

#10 1 year ago
  11. DeVitowned

Where’s our (US) motherfucking bundle, Sony?

#11 12 months ago
  12. Fin

Shopto has a KZ/BF4/Watch Dogs bundle. Reeeeally hoping that turns out to be an official one.

PROTIP: retail doesn’t always tell the truth/local stores are not well informed

#12 12 months ago
  13. VibraniumSpork

12@ *checks Shopto* That…is a helluva bundle. Never bought from Shopto though; their slightly amateur-hour website always gives me the willies.

#13 12 months ago
  14. gomersoul

yeah your local game may not know anything but that is the fault of their head office. these companies are slow to react but i pre ordered a ps4 with the camera, one controller, driveclub and shadow fall. I would imagine that because driveclub is now free on plus then they will just swap that for a control pad which is ok by me, save me a fortune buying controllers anyway. not bothered about a cod or battlefield bundle as i’ll be doing the trade up schemes so win win.

#14 12 months ago
  15. Stephany Nunneley

A second EU bundle with only one controller, and no camera has also been confirmed. Post updated to reflect the new information.

#15 12 months ago
  16. Fin

DriveClub on PS+ isn’t the full version though, so be cautious about cancelling.

#16 12 months ago
  17. SupaKupaKang

I will be getting the €439 bundle

#17 12 months ago
  18. absolutezero

No email offering the KZ bundle :(

Right now I have a PS4, KZ and Knack Bundle and the Eye pre-ordered.

Kinda just want this pack now to grab a second controller to hopefully hook up to my PC. Its no where to be found on any of the normal online sites so I’m guessing that the “Limited Stock” was really rather limited.

#18 12 months ago
  19. VibraniumSpork

Steph, have you guys had any contact from specific retailers regarding these bundles? Nothing on the internets that I can see. I’ve approached GAME through their Facebook but no news yet :(

#19 12 months ago