Battlefield 4 to contain a vehicular “test range”, more details on Commander Mode, Levolution

Wednesday, 4th September 2013 16:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Battlefield 4 will contain a “test range” so that users can practice using vehicles such as helicopters, so they can get some practice in before heading off to battle, according to DICE’s Lars Gustavsson.

Speaking in an AMA on IGN, Gustavsson said the test area will allow players to “find the settings that work best,” before doing some stunt flights “to feel safe before you go out and get the responsibility of a bunch of other people sitting in your helicopter.”

DICE has also posted more information in another AMA over on EA’s blog, discussing the nuances of Commander Mode and Levolution, both of which have been touched upon many times before, but the more you know, the better you’re equipped to do battle.

Battlefield 4 will be available October 29 for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and will also be made available for PS4 and Xbox One once the consoles launch.

1. yeoung

That’s good stuff. I still can’t pilot a chopper in BF3 to save my life. Literally.

#1 11 months ago
  2. KesMonkey

@1: Join an empty server to get all the practice you want. :)

#2 11 months ago
  3. k1llabeast

That’s good. I remember the first time I took off in my chopper.
    1. Went up in the air
    2. Fell down to the left like a brick

Good times.

#3 11 months ago
  4. drewbles82

Thats good news as everytime i get in the jet, im down within seconds, i haven’t even had the chance to shoot at anything. Makes me feel like the stuff i really wanna do in the game, i cant because i dont get the chance to try it out before i crash or get shot down.
    Be nice if this test area has bots as well.

#4 11 months ago
  5. sebastien rivas

I can pilot plane and choppers and alike but since none are upgraded enough then I always go down first.

Though I must say the gameplay for those are pretty cool to do. And yes i suspect some used bots in the past to quickly get their flying toys up to max.

#5 11 months ago