Infamous: Second Son coming in February 2014

Thursday, 22nd August 2013 20:27 GMT By Brenna Hillier

According to a recent episode of IGN’s Rewind Theater, Infamous Second Son is due on PlayStation 4 in February. Once expected during PS4′s launch window, the Sucker Punch game was apparently delayed, with Sony nominating a northern spring launch window. IGN stated it was given the February window as far back as E3 2013 – and the February release window has since been confirmed to Polygon. Check out the game’s latest trailer and screens from gamescom.

Thanks, NeoGAF.

1. Gekidami

I dont recall anyone ever announcing that this game was going to be a launch title.

#1 1 year ago
  2. redwood

it was revealed ON E3 Brenna, so yeah like 1 said, it was never stated as a launch title.
    but feb is good, I was expecting APril

#2 1 year ago
  3. viralshag

Feb is not bad at all. Once you’re done with a few launch titles you’ll be good to go for this.

#3 1 year ago
  4. KAP

Launch title? Where did you get that from, watch back the E3 conference.. Shuhei blatently states this was targeted for early 2014.
    Feb tho is awesome.. Castlevania LOS2 Is out then too

#4 1 year ago
  5. melonbuster1

Ok so in February the ps4 launches. . Because thats when it will have a good 1st party game.. none at launch. .

#5 1 year ago
  6. mistermogul

Think I will wait for this until I get my PS4.

Also agree think this was never announced as a launch title…

#6 1 year ago
  7. Fin

Yer I think it was always “launch window” not “launch title”.

#7 1 year ago
  8. MFBB

#5 should never buy any consoles at launch.

The highest price the console will ever have, hardly any games avaibable.

Even if Microsoft/Sony offers 2-3 games you are interested in…better wait till late 2014/2015.

There will be more games avaibable, you ll get the console cheaper with some christmas/easter/black friday/special whatever offer and the 2-3 games from launch that you were interested in can be bought really cheap.

Also on a service like PS+ they cant give away 6-8 games each month cause there are none (you ll get like 1 or may be 2 each month).

#8 1 year ago
  9. Erthazus

that’s the day when I will purchase Playstation 4.

for now it’s not worth it.

#9 1 year ago
  10. pcbros

Could have been a system seller at launch. This is why focusing too much on the PS3 (Last of Us, Gran Turismo 6, etc) and not on the PS4 was not the best move by Sony.

I agree with #5, 6, & 9, the current Sony launch titles are a bit weak.

#10 1 year ago
  11. TD_Monstrous69

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t expecting this one until at least May or June, seeing as how that’s been the usual release window for the last 2 iNFAMOUS games. This is some good news, and also, a bit smarter of a business move than launching day-and-date or even within the system’s launch window, considering only a certain number of consoles are available at launch. Go when there’s more consoles available to purchase on the shelves (it’s what I’m gonna have to do for my younger brother), that way it can get into the hands of more people.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Dark

CAN’T WAIT!!!

#12 1 year ago
  13. lookingglass

The designer for this game says…

“I got pepper sprayed. Now I can’t make good games.”

“We’re doing something that’s never been done before… Imagine if people had superpowers.”

“I make games as great as my hair.”

#13 1 year ago