Prey 2: “when we have more info on it, we’ll be happy to talk about it,” – Bethesda

Tuesday, 18th June 2013 19:07 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Bethesda’s Pete Hines has said the lack of news on Prey 2 is still due to the game not being “good enough” at this point.

Speaking with IGN, Hines said the firm spent “years and millions of dollars and a ton of effort,” trying to help Human Head make a great Prey 2 game.

“What we said the last time we said anything was that it’s not up to our quality standards,” he said. “It’s simply not good enough. We’re not going to just proceed blindly with something that isn’t good enough. We’ve been very specific about why, and we’ve been very specific about the whats. When that gets addressed and changed or whatever, at that point we can give an update.

“But nobody’s disappointment is greater than ours. We spent a lot of time and money and effort trying to make this thing happen and support folks, but at the same time, you just can’t keep throwing money at it. You have to have the discipline to say, ‘it’s not good enough. It’s not hitting the quality bar.”

Hines also the various rumors and leaks surrounding the game have “been from one side of this, and it’s been somebody putting spin on it.”

“There are quite a few folks at Human Head that I really like,” he said. “Chris Rhinehart is one of the nicest guys I have ever met in this industry. He’s somebody I would consider a friend. I love hanging out with him. This isn’t anything to do with anything personal. I love that guy. I like a lot of the folks up there. It just has to do more with what the product looks like and if it’s good enough.

“As we said in our last update, it’s not good enough. It’s not where it needs to be. When we have more info than that, we’ll let you know. What is the chance that we have some amazing, unbelievable game and we’re just not talking about it for no reason? Zero.

“Again, when we have more info on it, we’ll be happy to talk about it. That’s what I can say for now.”

Multiple anonymous sources have stated in the past that Bethesda had backed Human Head into a corner with a contract which blocked it from developing any other projects; that the developer simply stopped working on the game; another rumor stated that Arkane Studios had taken over from Human Head to finish the game; and despite all the hoopla, Human Head felt what it had created so far was rather good.

T

1. Ali

Apparently, your quality standards are too low not to be hit by this awesomeness :

Stop throwing that excuse, nobody is buying it Pete !

#1 10 months ago
  2. YoungZer0

@1: Let’s not forget that they have no problems with releasing games like Fallout 3 and NV with all the big bugs intact and also the entire fiasco with the Skyrim PS3 release. Hell Rage didn’t even have an ENDING!

They want to talk about quality? The only quality title they released was Dishonored. That game had little to no bugs when I played it.

Nobody is buying your lies, Pete. Go fuck yourself. I had plans to buy the Dragonborn DLC, but that’s not going to happen. Matter of fact I’d feel disgusted simply replaying Skyrim.

That was the last Bethesda game I bought.

You greedy ass motherfuckers.

#2 10 months ago
  3. harr0w

peter hines is a shit-end of mass proportions

#3 10 months ago
  4. Hcw87

I had zero problems/bugs with either Skyrim, Fallout 3 or Fallout NV.

It’s 3 of the biggest, most successful openworld games released. Ever. Metacritic agrees.

Also, we didn’t see any gameplay footage of Prey 2, the game might actually have looked like crap, who knows. I know that i enjoyed the hell out of Fallout 3/NV and Skyrim though, and didn’t run into any problems.

#4 10 months ago
  5. DSB

That’s more than slightly hard to believe Hcw87. The bugs of those games are documented to the point of being notorious. If you didn’t spot any, you really weren’t looking.

#5 10 months ago
  6. Hcw87

There are probably millions around the world playing the game, ofcourse someone will find bugs. Doesn’t mean everyone’s affected though.

#6 10 months ago
  7. GK

4,you bot or you trolling? 1st comment put gameplay in front of you.what,are you blind?

game looks awesome,but need now graphic upgrade for sure.

#7 10 months ago
  8. DSB

@6 I guess there’s always a chance to avoid some of them, but it’s usually pretty basic stuff, and it can often be reproduced. Most commonly it’s down to poorly coded quests.

Generally when I’m playing Skyrim I read the wiki pages on the quests before I start completing objectives, because it’s so risky.

I’ve had to reload earlier saves countless times just to finish a quest properly.

Thankfully Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 has a lot of mods that fix a lot of the mess Bethesda or Obsidian left behind.

#8 10 months ago