Call of Duty: Ghosts might not hit Wii U after all

Monday, 17th June 2013 16:19 GMT By Dave Cook

Call of Duty: Ghosts executive producer Mark Rubin said in an interview last week that the Infinity Ward shooter was heading to Wii U. That may no longer be the case.

GI.biz decided to ask Rubin some follow up questions to clarify the matter and he said, “Ha! You know that’s funny, because I don’t even know the answer to that. I swear to God, I don’t. I was trying to say in the interview [that] I really don’t know and I’m not supposed to talk about it. I’m not supposed to talk about the fact that I don’t know.”

The site then asked him how a hypothetical Wii U build would fare when stacked against current tech and if it could look as good as next-gen versions. “I imagine [it could], yeah,” he replied. “If you look at the hardware specs, I think it would be more in line with 360 and PS3, but I’m not sure.

“There could be some things [in the hardware] that bump it up a little higher than that,” he answered. “I haven’t played with it enough to know. I have one at home, and I think it’s cool; I can’t stop playing ZombiU.”

So what do you think people? Is it actually coming to Wii U or is Nintendo’s console being overlooked once more?

1. Aullah

Wii U just can’t handle the amazing graphics of CoD:G.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Lengendaryboss

@1 Wii U can’t handle the graphical fidelity of the Dogs or fish :) Seriously though no GTA, MGS, Battlefield and COD is just a very telling sign of the future.

#2 1 year ago
  3. stealth

It will, this is stupid, he just cant say likely its going to be announced at a direct

#3 1 year ago
  4. Belmont

Nintendo needs to sell more boxes, preferably before PS4/One come around.

#4 1 year ago
  5. The_Red

Sorry but bullshit. First of all, COD Ghosts like a current gen game and so far, has shown smaller environments than even BLOPS2. Second of all, this game WILL come out for PS3 and 360.

If you don’t want to publish for Wii U, that’s fine (Mostly). Just don’t feed us with more bullshit than you already have (Brand new engine that is upgrade of the old Quake 3 engine).

#5 1 year ago
  6. dreamcastnews

Shucks. I quite fancied this on Wii U.

#6 1 year ago
  7. JimFear-666

who is the retard who want to play this game on wii-u? Seriously? Most of people who are real gamers know that if you want to enjoy Call of duty you have to play it on pc.
    If you suck with a mouse and a keyboard you can still enjoy it with your noobstick festival on a 360/xb1/ps3/ps4.

But … damn, you must really hate yourself playing a game like this on wiiu.

#7 1 year ago
  8. ps3fanboy

sorry to disappoint the peecee master race and xbots. but wii-u don’t need cod it have pikmin3 coming for it. a game that is x10 better than any cod.

#8 1 year ago
  9. dreamcastnews

@Jim-Queer666

Yeah, I fancied playing a Call of Duty game on my Wii U, big deal? Who the fuck are you to judge me? I own every god damn system under the sun and decided to think about purchasing this for a console you’re too arrogant to own, shock fucking horror.

I don’t even like Call of Duty! I fancied a FPS for a Nintendo machine.

I tell you what, son; I was planning on getting this so I could play a friend in the same room with one on the pad one on the TV, you know like real friends do? Not like the fucking pretend friends you make on XBL/PSN/PC, why don’t you do yourself and favour – sit down, and shut the fuck up.

You ‘elitist’ scumbags really wind me up, you think because someone owns a different machine to you that people should bow down to your tyranny of tunnel-vision and ignorance? You think I want to drive the same car as you?

Be a good lad and bugger off back to bro-fisting and virtual cock-sucking online with the other trolling wankers upgrading their PC every six months. By the way, ‘real gamers’ sure as shit aren’t Call of Duty players – you want to be a hero? Join the real Army I’m sure your high fidelity keyboard and mouse will mean jackshit in the ‘real’ world.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Meta_Dragon

Don’t worry WiiU owners, it’s Call of Duty, you aren’t missing anything important.

#10 1 year ago
  11. taylorlauder

It’s not really about graphics or other technical aspects. Rather, it’s all about Wii’s inability to generate sufficient profit stream for COD’s franchise. And since porting Ghosts on Wii U requires cash, Activision simply thinks it may not be worth it. Source: http://goo.gl/PFQGs

The article above also shows revenue on Wii since 2009 has been declining rapidly.

#11 1 year ago