Battlefield: Bad Company series not in active development, says DICE

Monday, 3rd June 2013 12:06 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 4 is the main focus of developer DICE at present, and the studio has confirmed that the nBad Company strain of shooters is not in active development.

Responding to a fan on Twitter, the Battlefield Twitter feed explained the situation:

I miss Bad Company personally, but it’s understandable why the core Battlefield series has taken precedence in recent years because it sells like crazy.

That said, would you like to see Bad Company 3 happen eventually? Let us know below.

Thanks Eurogamer.

1. ps3fanboy

the Battlefield: Bad Company series was the best battlefield series ever… now its totally ruin by the battlefield3 crap and soon coming 4.. rip bad company.

#1 11 months ago
  2. SlayerGT

My buddies and I played some Onslaught just last night. It is a same that the ONLY shooters that I enjoyed this Gen (Rainbow and BC2) have been killed off while the rest prevail.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Dave Cook

@1 I actually agree with you on this, which is a first.

Bad Company 2 > BF3 any day of the week.

#3 11 months ago
  4. TheLastDodo

@Dave

Hell yeah I’d love to see Bad Company 3.

Bad Company 2 was the reason I got into Battlefield, it’s my favourite multiplayer shooter, I must’ve put in at least 300 hours on it.

I know it’s a different take on Battlefield but personally I found Battlefield 3, after playing BFBC2, just sterile and boring, there’s no character or personality, it’s just another modern military shooter.

The destructible environments took a step backwards, everything about it was just a step backwards for me.

EDIT: Actually that’s unfair, DICE improved the audio from BFBC2.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Max Payne

@4 Well I really hope that BF4 is what Bf3 should have been.

#5 11 months ago
  6. SplatteredHouse

They still have to give me a reason to give a damn about (even acknowledge, honestly) Battlefield 4. I got BF3 (along with MW3, both as holiday gifts), played it. There was pew-pew. I didn’t buy the premium bit, and haven’t touched the game since. I know I didn’t enjoy the multi half as much as BC2′s.

#6 11 months ago
  7. Erthazus

Battlefield 3 on the PC was excellent with few issues and bugs which were fixed.
    Bad Company 2 was excellent too.

but if someone played Battlefield 3 on consoles and says it’s terrible he can fuck off pretty much because Battlefield 3 is all about 64 players on one gigantic map and that his opinion is invalid because console version was just a “console version”.
    Not to mention about excellent Frostbyte 2 engine that looked gorgeous with fantastic destructible environments.

#7 11 months ago
  8. backup

who cares MAG2 gonna kill it

#8 11 months ago
  9. freedoms_stain

@4, I disagree that they improved the audio.

They improved the quality of the recordings, but directional audio is massively inferior in BF3 imo.

#9 11 months ago
  10. GwynbleiddiuM

I’m with Erth on this, both are excellent games, but the PC version of BF3 is still better, although I haven’t played it as much as I played BC2, simply because it had far too many DLCs and stuff that I didn’t want to pay for. Recently I find myself allergic to shooters, that’s why I haven’t even touch Metro yet.

@Dave Could you please put ‘backup’ back to his cage, it appears he has tunneled his way out somehow.

#10 11 months ago
  11. SlayerGT

@9 I completely agree freedoms. First thing that stood out to me last night were the sound effects.

#11 11 months ago
  12. TheLastDodo

@freedoms

I agree there, I should’ve clarified my post but it was just an off top of my head thought as I was hitting reply.

#12 11 months ago
  13. DSB

What BF3 and BC2 have in common is that neither game encourages teamwork. I think that’s a real shame.

Maybe there just isn’t blockbuster potential in a teambased shooter, but I think it’s a shame that all the military shooters try to crowd the same little strip of land.

BF has a unique opportunity to do it because of the large maps and the vehicles, but instead of making it a thinking man’s shooter by imposing some limitations, you just have run and gun on foot and on wheels, totally independent of eachother.

#13 11 months ago
  14. POOP CRUSTY

Only reason BC1 and 2 were released is because they needed to establish a solid continuing number before BF3 on consoles. Don’t be surprised if we never see BC3

#14 11 months ago
  15. NocturnalB

I loved Bad Company, especially 2. My favorite part was Bad Company’s gun-play as opposed to BF3. BF3 felt way too loose, mechanics for it just never felt right for me.

#15 11 months ago
  16. Ajsman

BF3 is hardly a real squeal to BF2. IMO, BF3 is BC3, a sequel to BC2. Only unlike BC2, it has no soul.

#16 11 months ago
  17. Tavarish

Bf 3 plays A LOT like Bad Company series and I would argue it’s more Bad Company 3 than, core, Battlefield game. I expect Battlefield 4 to continue on the road and feel of Bad Company series.

Don’t get me wrong. I loved shit out of Bad Company 2, it was really well done in the end. I’m just disappointed that Battlefield 3 wasn’t more HC / realistic take on warfare and be truer to original Battlefield games.

#17 11 months ago
  18. Oynox Slider

Battlefield Bad Company was a great game. Whilst BFBC1 was a joyful singleplayer experience, Bad Company 2 was a blast of multiplayer. Battlefield 3 did not reach the singleplayer quality of BC1, neither the multiplayer quality of BC2.

#18 11 months ago
  19. Kyle Jackson

Bad Company 2 is my favourite of the Battlefield series so far (PC) But I read that the team who worked on that, are the ones working on Battlefield 4. If that’s true, then yay :)

#19 11 months ago
  20. Llewelyn_MT

It’s a shame BF3 took a huge leap backwards when it comes to destructible environment. I know current generation consoles wouldn’t have handled it, but the PC version was supposed to be superior.

#20 11 months ago