inFamous: Second Son shots show protagonist offing a DUP guard

Friday, 24th May 2013 17:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has released a set of inFamous: Second Son screenshots. Like with the Killzone: Shadowfall shots we posted earlier, a couple look familiar, but some don’t. Have look anyway. Second Son is in development at Sucker Punch and is expected as launch title for PS4. You can find out all the details on it culled from the June issue of Game Informer here.

1. silverstorm

This one seems to be my most anticipated game for PS4. Hopefully ND will announce UC4 on E3.

#1 1 year ago
  2. KAP

Same. Check out Game Informer Youtube channel’s 5 featurettes of Second Son. Their awesome and very informative.

#2 1 year ago
  3. JRNO

I thought these shots were released back when the game was announced.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Phoenixblight

Some are and some are not like the forest and gateway were not shown at the PS4 reveal, I don’t think.

I am really liking the lighting on the gate screenshot and love the fog in the forest one.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Rafa_L

@1 Uncharted is my second favortie game, only behind dark souls. I bought the Ps3 to play the first one and I’m very happy that the series grew the way it did. But… I can wait more for UC4, I would be happier with new IPs for a while from ND before it.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Fin

Norn iron?

#6 1 year ago
  7. No_PUDding

This is without a doubt my most anticipated PS4 title.

Loved inFamous :D

#7 1 year ago
  8. fearmonkey

never played Infamous, anyone ever play prototype 2? How did it compare?

#8 1 year ago
  9. Phoenixblight

I played both series and Infamous is by far the greater product alone especially with the sequel.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Agt_Pendergast

I liked Infamous more, felt like it had a bit more polish and I liked the story. As far as the gameplay, the powers were more shootery, whereas Prototype was more about melee.

#10 1 year ago
  11. YoungZer0

@8: The close quarter combat is lacking depth and variety but the shooting mechanics are fun, especially with the different powers. Gameplay-wise I’d say that Prototype is the better game. There’s just much more variety in the missions and the powers. The parkour mechanics don’t offer as much control as in the AC games and are not as fluid and easy as in Prototype.

Yet, inFamous gets a lot of other things right. The graphics are amazing, especially in the second one. SuckerPunch has some of the best environmental designers in the industry. The city (especially in the second one) is just beautiful. It feels and looks alive. Every corner has something you’d like to check out.

While the parkour isn’t as good as in the other two games it’s still solid and beautifully animated. There’s enough depth to make the getting from point a-to-b interesting, especially with the later powers.

The story is interesting enough, but you’ll definitely hate some of the characters. The character-design is also really shitty. Some of the characters look like they are straight from some childrens cartoon. inFamous 2 does this better, but it’s still not there, especially the later enemies and the female characters. If you get the second one (Definitely the better game and one of the best exclusives of this gen) I’d recommend you download the Reaper Skin immediately:

Badass to the bone.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Clupula

One of my biggest problems with Prototype was how little it felt like New York City. As someone who lives a little bit outside it and has spent most of his life there, Prototype felt like it was designed by someone who had only ever seen it in movies.

I think, after GTA IV, if you can’t convincingly recreate the city, you shouldn’t set things in it. GTA IV is, by no means, geographically correct, but I can recognize what real life area they’re parodying in almost every single area of the game.

#12 1 year ago