Injustice Wii U does not support iOS content unlocks – report

Wednesday, 17th April 2013 02:17 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The Wii U version of Injustice: Gods Among Us does not support content unlocks from the free iOS version, according to a report on Siliconera. Although it’s apparently missing this feature, supported by the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, the Wii U SKU does have off-screen play and a move list display for the Game Pad. NetherRealm’s latest is available now in Australia and the US and hits Europe on April 19.

1. Clupula

It’s okay, though. Because you can play it on the toilet. And isn’t that the most important feature of all for a CONSOLE game?

Best version confirmed.
    -Nintendo P.R.

2. dreamcastnews

I must admit, I’d rather have the off-screen play rather than some unlocks that should really be in the game to begin with, but I’m not getting this game on any format to be fair.

3. The_Red

Yeah, because a 2D fighting game is best when played on a huge tablet, without TV… Right.

4. dreamcastnews

@3, Jesus Christ, what is wrong with the retards on this site? That’s my opinion I already said I’m not buying the game regardless but given the choice I’d rather have a feature slightly more useful than ‘costume unlocks’ get the fuck off your high horse & stop getting up in the face of those who actually enjoy the Wii U’s features.

I don’t know if you’re actually an overall cunt-pouch in ‘real’ life of wether you just lurk around here ragging on those who ‘dare’ to have a different console? Tell me, which is it? Maybe you just think you’re funny? I can assure you – you’re not.

Maybe you think a Vita or 3DS version would be a waste of time too considering they have a screen jammed between their chosen controller methods?

5. The_Red

So a short reply from me about not agreeing with you means that I’m a “cunt-pouch” retard that hates Wii U? Well done. Seriously, it is even better than your first comment.

6. dreamcastnews

@5, and if you learn’t to read, notice none of those profanities were direct accusations. Good call on admitting that to yourself, though.

Again, I notice you’ve avoided the actual question I tagged on the end there just in case you may have been low on attention-span and skipped to the end.

It’s much like saying, ‘hey, Tekken is coming out on Vita!’ then someone turning around and saying: ‘hold it! You can’t release that! There’s a screen on the controller method, people need a TV to understand this’ – seems silly doesn’t it? It’s probably just as well you don’t work in the decision making part of games companies – we’d never see any ’2D beat-em-ups’ for consoles that can be played without a TV.

My comment was aimed at which is a better feature for the same amount of cash for those owning all three systems the game was made for, 360 may swing it for me for Achievements or alternatively, the Wii U moves list / off screen support would win over. Unlockable iOS costumes? Not so much.

7. The_Red

Yeah, it was obviously that your remarks were not aimed at me, that “@3″ was just a type. Actually, it’s you who misinterprets comments. When did I exactly say Injustice shouldn’t be on Wii U?

As for handhelds, yes I do think that releasing some of these fighters on them is pointless. I am a huge MK fan but in the end kinda avoided MK9 on Vita. Same for STxT and MvC3. These are 2D fighting games that were meant to be played with a proper arcade stick. As for Tekken, that would make more sense since it’s more of a button mashy 3D fighter IMO.

8. dreamcastnews

Marvel Vs Capcom on Vita was one of the best launch titles though? Dead or Alive Dimensions on 3DS is equally as sublime.

I get the arcade stick argument, naturally; nothing will beat it. Personally I haven’t been able to play a beat-em-up to an ability I’m satisfied with since Sega stopped making those D-pads of theirs.

It was the way you came off on that comment that seemed more factual rather than an opinionated view that raised my suspicion that you were just looking to bait a fight, if I’m wrong let me be the first to say sorry.

9. Clupula

Even bigger issue I’m reading about on the Wii U board on Gamefaqs is that you can’t send individual friend invites on the Wii U version, which in a fighting game is one of the most nonsensical moves I’ve ever heard of.