Thief concept art and screenshots released

Thursday, 4th April 2013 16:34 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Thief concept art and screenshots have been released into the wild. Get a look at the PC and next-gen console offering below. It’s out in 2014. Thanks, AGB.

1. fearmonkey

Seems to be quite a bit of third person in those screenshots, I’m not sure I care for that. It keeps some of the feel and look of Deadly shadows in how the town looks, but reminds me of dishonored as well.
    Since this is the studio that did Deus Ex:Hr, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt, I am happy there is actually a new thief game to be too worried about it. I don’t like that garret is voiced by someone else and he looks emo now, but Oh well.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Samoan Spider

Looks really very tasty!

Edit: I’m assuming it will be like Deus Ex and go to a 3rd person view for the kill and back to 1st person for everything in between. Although I kinda like that.

#2 1 year ago
  3. YoungZer0

@1: Yeah, it looks like Garrett is doing a takedown in one of those screenshots. Don’t like that to be honest.

#3 1 year ago
  4. harr0w

probably a new animation for blackjack takedowns it better stay that way because he`s not an assassin he`s a thief for god sake. the screens look well terribly jaggy but i guess theres still a year+ worth of development time left. anyone know what platform the screens are taken from im assuming its PC???

#4 1 year ago
  5. Erthazus

Oh great. Game for children. I guess we won’t see a stealth game at all. It’s going to be… a Stealth Action game aka CoD with a bow and dagger.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Gheritt White

@5: How the FUCK can you tell *that* from these screens?

/smh

#6 1 year ago
  7. UuBuU

Still looks a bit too bright for my liking ~ and I really hope third person isnt forced on the player

#7 1 year ago
  8. CycloneFox

@Third Person: Thief Deadly Shadow had the option to switch between 1st and 3rd Person. It worked surprisingly good back then. Deadly Shadow was the weakest part of the series imo, though.

I still have high expectations for this.^^ From the screenshots: Water arrow an Blackjack are confirmed. :)

#8 1 year ago
  9. MadFingerz

Maybe they just shifted the camera to 3rd person to take those screens, the gameplay could still all be in 1st person. I do have the feeling that it won’t though…

#9 1 year ago