Far Cry 3 trailer walks through explosive monkey mission

Monday, 29th October 2012 00:27 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Far Cry 3′s Monkey Business add-on looks like a lot of fun, but it’s not that easy to get your paws on. Producer Dan Hay walks us through one of its missions in the trailer through the break, so take a look at what you’ll get for signing up to one or another retailer offerings.

The Monkey Business Pack is part of the Insane Edition in the UK, but in the US it’s exclusive to GameStop pre-orders.

Far Cry 3 arrives on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on November 29 in Europe, November 30 in the Uk and Australia, and December 4 in the US.

Thanks, GameInformer.

1. polygem

i thought this game was about open world and options…well bullshit, i would have beaten the shit out of this herc guy, get the detonator and save the ape…well he saved himself fortunateley, still i would have beaten the shit out of the herc guy.
    i was looking forward to this game but it looks like it´s a pseudo cool tough guy shit game for twens.
    nothing against tough guy stuff. if overdone and cheesy, like in gears, it can be very enjoyable, but this here seems to take things serious and that makes it truly annoying.
    will wait for reviews and more gameplay. this clip for me, did not make me buy it though, made me wanna skip it…

2. fightclubdoll

Oh that is messed up. At least Koko was okay. I like that monkey.

Maybe I shouldn’t go there, but I’m not keen on animal abuse in games. I know it’s not real, but I like to get immersed in my games and if I have to take a step back, that pretty much shatters the vicarious experience. (Plus if it’s realistic at all, and the animals get hurt, it’s sickening and not amusing.)

Monster abuse, zombie abuse, robot abuse, giant toxic man-eating plant abuse, psychotic homicidal maniac goliath abuse… I’m mostly okay with those.

3. polygem

@2: hey can we be 360 friends? i mean seriously. i like this attitude a lot and would totally sign that. you don´t see people confessing about this in gaming much. seems like the people think it makes them tough, hard and mature to like stuff like this and you are a gay sissie if you are complaining about it. sure you shoot a lot of humans in the face in these games, but there´s a difference, they have a choice to fight against you and, most of the time, they have weapons to defend themselves. also you mostly have to do it in order to survice. this monkey part, as well as the killing of the dogs in this video made me instantly want to skip this game. it is obviously aimed at another audience. shame really, because the open world / freedom of choice approach of the far cry games are pretty cool.
    we will see a lot of hate for this sensitive girly posting in 3,2,1—