Metal Gear Solid 5 ‘will launch Summer 2013 at the earliest’, says mo-cap actor

Tuesday, 21st August 2012 12:59 GMT By Dave Cook

Metal Gear Solid 5 motion capture work is currently underway. Silent Hill 4 motion actor Eric Bossic has just finished some work on the game with Kojima Productions, but he has warned that the game is a long way from finished.

In an interview with Silent Haven, Bossic discussed his recent work with Kojima Productions, “My past motion capture session was for an upcoming Metal Gear game, I will be back with Kojima again in the fall, and maybe other sessions. This title is a long way off.”

When asked which Metal Gear project he was working on, Bossic added, “I am working on a future metal gear, not to be released until next year summer at the earliest, if not later then that. Im doing motion capture only.”

“I can 100% say my voice will not be involved in this. I dont even know what the title is, they are all very secretive and sometimes even the scenes I act out I dont even know the full story, because they want to keep it secret.2

“I suppose it is fine to mention I am working on it, everybody knows Kojima is making something now, and I posted the photo on my page here with him. The only thing is that I cant ever answer any questions about it or talk about, not for sometime.”

Thanks Silent Haven.

1. ToxicCrusader

And Kojima is apparently announcing something to do with Metal Gear on the 30th of August. All signs therefore point to MGS5 releasing Summer 2013.

2. AHA-Lambda

So the reveal on the 30th August must be a new Metal Gear then?

3. lexph3re

OH BOY BE ABOUT THE BOSS! BE ABOUT THE BOSS!

4. Fin

This article’s a bit of a stretch – a mo-cap actor who’s working on something related to Metal Gear gives an uninformed guess as to when it might be out. No mention of it being Solid 5.

5. YoungZer0

Here’s hope that they actually use Westerners for the mo-cap. Seeing Snake and Otacon doing typical japanese gestures just irritated the fuck out of me.

6. Moonwalker1982

Just bring to to next gen consoles, not this gen anymore.

7. marijn1979

Yeah, right. If this launches Summer 2013 I’ll eat my hat – no MGS title has ever been announced just one year before launch. It’ll be Summer 2014 at the earliest, for next-gen consoles.

8. ToxicCrusader

@7 – while that is true, they also had to design and make a whole new game engine first. I don’t think the FOX engine is even complete yet as a matter of fact.

If it took them a few years to make the FOX engine, and have been in development of this game for a few years yet, with at least another year of development to go, then it would make some sense.

9. Dave Cook

@4 I can’t see Kojima taking this long to make a whole new engine for the game if it’s another spin-off. Surely at the point now where the evidence leans in favour of a full sequel.

Could be wishful thinking on my part though ;)

10. marijn1979

@8 I’m not enough of an expert to know for sure, but if the FOX engine hasn’t even been completed yet, wouldn’t that make it even less likely that they’d be able to release the game within a year? Doesn’t the bulk of development necessarily take place AFTER its basic engine has been completed?

11. Clupula

Whatever game in the Metal Gear series it is, I really, really, really, REALLY want it to star the Boss. She’s pretty much the most important character in the entire series and while I used to think that they should make a game about her, the more I play the others, the more I realize you could probably do an entire trilogy around her.

12. Dragon246

@11,
    Same hope here. I hope he maintains the cinematic style of mgs4.

13. Da Man

We really need another heart breaking srs bsns monologue feat teh boss with her tits out.