Injustice footage shows Superman beating up the Flash

Monday, 9th July 2012 02:58 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Check out fifteen minutes of Injustice: Gods Among Us, the DC-licensed fighter from the team behind Mortal Kombat.

Netherrealm boss Ed Boon presented the game to audiences at EVO; if you missed the live stream, check out a replay below, with thanks to IGN. As well as a good look at Superman and the Flash, you can see how Netherrealm have strung together multiple arenas, how arenas can be expanded, and a metre wager system.

Injustice: Gods Among Us is expected in 2013 on PlayStation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360, and is the first non-Mortal Kombat game from Netherrealm.

Thanks, GwynbleiddiuM!

1. Dark

hmm unlike MK the colors looks washed up , why?

2. GwynbleiddiuM

:P You’re welcome Brenna. Am not a fan of fighting games beyond classic Mortal Combats but this was really awesome, it awakened the nerd in me.

@1 I dunno, maybe they want it darker and gloomier. I actually like it.

3. The_Red

Really looking forward to this game (Huge MK fan) but I’m with #1 here. The game looks really washed up for a comic book game. Realistic look is fine but please, add some color.

4. The_Red

A quick note:
    While EVO is a good place to show off new fighting game, I think they title in particular would have benefited more from a full gameplay reveal at Comic Con, where audience will geek out all over it (Specially parts like the awesome Flash super move).

5. Ali Hayas

I am really loving the graphical presentation. MK9 should ave looked like this.

6. absolutezero

I despise the palette and showing something where you can use parts of the level as weapons at a fighting game tournament was a little stupid. Its not going to be seen as anything other than some fun now.

7. Clupula

This looks very cool, but I can’t help but think that what are currently the supers should, instead, be the game’s version of finishers. I mean, you shouldn’t be able to just get back up and fight after Superman knocks you into the atmosphere and then back down again.

8. The_Red

While your point makes sense, I think they are using Supers as a replacement of MK9′s X-Ray attacks where you could continue fighting even after events like Subby shattering someone’s internal organs during his X-Ray.

9. Ireland Michael

That looks a hel of a lot better than I thought it would.