Capcom “continuing to prepare new play elements,” for Dragon’s Dogma

Saturday, 7th July 2012 20:27 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dragon’s Dogma director Hideaki Itsuno has said you may wish to hold on to your copy of the game for a bit longer. Speaking in an interview with 4Gamer, Itsuno said: “I’m sure many have already cleared the game, but for Dragon’s Dogma, we’re continuing to prepare new play elements. It would be best if you held on to the game for a bit.” Itsuno also said reaction to the game were better than expected, so the developers would like to push it even further and should the fans support it, he would like to make “the next title.” Thanks, Andriasang.

1. SlayerGT

I’m currently loving this game. I find that their dlc model is rough. They’ve been releasing armor and weapons but I have no idea if they’re even worth buying. You have no idea how good they are, if my character has already out-grown them, or if they’re too overpowered making for an instant win. For example I got the cheapest one that includes 8 new hair styles and the armor is only for females wtf? So I’ve stayed away from the dlc. Its still a very Japanese game but im enjoying the moment to moment gameplay more than Skyrim :/ even simple traversing the landscape feels more meaningful. A few UI adjustments and more of the interesting combat/moves and monsters a sequel could be even sweeter. Kind of makes me want an HD Monster Hunter tbo.

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 As much as I went oooo and ahhh over this game last year, you would think I would already have it, but I don’t. :( I need to get it.

3. SlayerGT

@2 get me your address Steph I’ll mail you my 360 copy when im done :P

4. stretch215

GREAT game. Sleeper hit of the year .

5. Ireland Michael

@4 Except it flopped.

6. SlayerGT

@5 define “flopped”

7. Ireland Michael

@6 It did well in Japan, but it was essentially a commercial flop in the west.

8. SlayerGT

Like Monster Hunter. DD is very Japanese. Video games shouldn’t need to appeal to everyone.

9. Ireland Michael

@8 Of course not, but it does reduce the chances of a localised sequel.

10. SlayerGT

Word. Like Warriors Orochi 3 I’d just hope they could at least do a release digitally. Lord but your pawns yelling at you in Japanese would be rough :D

11. stretch215

@5 your point is?

12. Ireland Michael

@11 That it wasn’t a “hit”.

A sleeper hit is something that turns out to be unexpectly successful. The original God of War was a sleeper hit, Borderlands was a sleeper hit. Minecraft is the living embodiment of a sleeper hit.

Its a great game, but it wasn’t a hit, at least not in the west. It’s success in the east was pretty much assured though. It’s essentially Monster Hunter with dragons and magic.

13. stretch215

@12 Are you joking? The game is a “hit” to me if I enjoy it. It’s a “sleeper” because it wasn’t on my radar. Stop trying to correct people dude. You come off like a pompous ass. There is no universally accepted definition here, buddy. Try again :)

14. Lord Gremlin

Well, I feel like I contributed to it’s success having bought it with all DLC. Game’s really good. And nice to see large RPG PS3 version done well after Skyrim fiasco (BTW a lot of confusion about this – it does install of 4,5 gb on HDD and while doing this may chug, once all is installed it runs smooth and fine). A reminder that one should only pay for quality product.
    And I haven’t completed it – it’s really long. You know, Gothic 3/Oblivion long. Plus it encourages some XP grind. And stuff like random dragons in the forest upgrading your stuff when they die encourage such diversions.
    @1 Well, I would say crystals DLC is worthless, 2000 is nothing. Armor and weapons are different, depends on your class/gender. Captain’s Armor is great for female melee character for example, especially when upgraded/dragonforged.
    Generally a lot of DLC stuff is not overpowered, but rather has something unique about it, like armor set that makes wearer nigh immune to any status effect but at the same time reduce elemental resistances.
    Or some awesome special visual effects that nothing in vanilla game has.

15. SlayerGT

@14 My point was they don’t clarify about the dlc. I’m not buying anything without being clear what im buying. More weapons and armor are welcome, but if I can’t use them ie. captains armor, what’s the point?