The Witcher 1 listed for PS3, 360 ahead of tomorrow’s CDP summer conference

Tuesday, 29th May 2012 11:00 GMT By Johnny Cullen

The Witcher 1 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 has been listed for a release in Denmark, just a day before CD Projekt’s pre-E3 summer conference.

Cool Shop has it down for PS3, while Blockbuster has it on both PS3 and 360.

The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf was in development at one point for PS3 and 360 between CD Projekt and Widescreen Games. Development was suspended due to CDP failing to provide a payment to Widescreen on its development, something the former denied at the time.

CD Projekt released The Witcher II on Xbox 360 alongside Namco Bandai and Warner Bros. back in April after the original PC version launched last May.

If an announcement is coming, it will be made tomorrow at the company’s summer briefing, where its already been promised a big announcement will be made during it.

Thanks, GamersGlobe.

1. Liamc723

YES PLEASE!

2. Moonwalker1982

Really nice. I hope it’s done in the W2 engine but that’s probably not gonna be the case.

3. evilashchris

So long as you still get Top Trumps for pumping the totty I’m in.

4. voxelman

Man I want to know what happens next, enough of these ports give me TW3 or an expansion pack or something, the cliff-hanger is killing me.

5. Takeshi

Eh, just start on TW3 already. And maybe it’s just me, but that Witcher 1 entry has been on those sites for some time already. It’s not something new.

6. ManuOtaku

I havent received my Witcher 2 copy yet, and now i dont know what to do, play it as soon as i received it, or wait for the release of the first game,in order to play the first game and then play the second, what to do?….ummmmm….

7. YoungZer0

@6: Play the second, ignore the first. Really, if you played the second one, you wouldn’t want to go back to Witcher 1. It’s such a drastically different game.

8. ManuOtaku

#7 ok then, but i did thought it was relevant to the plot of the overall story, but seeing your comment i guess is not, thanks for the respond Young, i will play it as soon as it arrives.

9. SolomanAu

witcher 1 will be a big step back in graphics and ease of play, was really good when it came out, be interesting to see how they get it on a console.

10. Telepathic.Geometry

Cool, I hope that this means that Witcher II’ll be making it to PS3 too.

11. Dark

@10 i hope so
    The Witcher 1 and 2 for ps3 ..on the same blu-ray disc!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!

12. Telepathic.Geometry

I wouldn’t mind buying them separately either, by all accounts they’re both solid games. I’ll pay happily knowing that a quality dev – known to take care of its fans – will pocket the proceeds.

13. Nerorevox

@2 HA! That was almost a good one.

14. DeVitowned

Witcher 1 & 2 for PS3 would be day 1 for me, which is a big deal as I normally wait for deals or GOTYs (waiting on you, Skyrim).

15. shogoz

“hey i’ve got an idea” they said. “lets release the witcher 2 and then the witcher 1 in succession!!!!” “wow thats a brilliant idea, its almost like..going backwards in time” “yeah all the good movies are doing it” “have a banana”

16. DeVitowned

@shogoz

Like releasing Crysis 2 on consoles before releasing the first one?