1. Strandli

I don’t think this is the most current tech demo from the next-gen project. This looks like it’s running on current hardware, and we have yet to know the significance of this clip. So I wouldn’t expect this to be an accurate representation of the final product.

2. mad1723

Very good looking, but I can’t help and wonder: PCs have been able to do this for a while now, why is it so amazing. I mean, it does look good, don’t get me wrong, but nothing my PC couldn’t handle right now.

It’s when you switch to the next-gen that you notice how consoles are just following the good ol’ PC (which has been declared dead over 20k times already) in terms of graphics capabilities.

People just don’t know what PC is capable of and that makes me a bit sad when someone comes to see me saying that CoD is the best looking game on the market… What about Metro 2033? Mirror’s Edge? BF3?

Anyway, enough with my rant, hope this comes to PC :D

3. Mr-Brett

What’s amazing is that it’s a video from BG&E2, that’s enough in itself. It does look good though, I agree it’s not exactly cutting edge but as I said that’s not what’s interesting here.

4. Ali Hayas

The song is the best thing there.

5. Strawb

Interesting video, although I’m concerned about the aesthetics of the game, if that is how it will look later on as well.
    BG&E was pretty stylised in terms of graphics, so them going for what looks like a more realistic approach has me worried.

6. manamana

I’ll be happy when its finally out.

7. zeus019

@ 2 Don’t get me wrong, yes ur telling the truth but PC is something that has many problems like maybe 6/12 months from now ur GPU+CPU will not be able to run all the games on medium settings and the main problem is it costs a lot of $$$$ to build a high end pc… when u have PS3/360 (or Next-gen) ur set to play every game on the market without any tension so, yes PC is the power house but there is a but….. i am also a pc gamer but i prefer consoles…… :)

8. mad1723

@7 I had a GPU for 3 years that could run most of the games in Full HD, max settings :) Now I have a new one (GTX 680) which should be plenty of power for the years to come. Along with my i7 and my 16GB of RAM (video conversion loves RAM :) ) I’m pretty sure in 3 years from now, I won’t have to upgrade to get the latest and greatest.

I also like consoles, but they have been getting long in the tooth for what, 2 years now. And all those devs saying there is still power in those platforms… There will always be more power in a platform, but it will cost more and more to exploit the last 5% of that power than to develop for a new generation of consoles that gives you access to more power, more easily. Just think that the consoles are running on 512MB of RAM, AT MOST, for all they do. I know devs are using that to the fullest extent, but there is only so much you can do with such a low amount of memory.

They have to make a new gen soon, because now even mobile platforms are just kicking their asses. Step up or step aside, Sony and Microsoft. As for Nintendo, they are again going for the safe route as for power. Curious to see what this will lead them to, sales wise.

Anyway, can’t wait for BG&E 2 :D

9. endgame

@7 What are you talking about change the CPU/GPU after only 12/6 months? No! If you’re smart enough you have to change the CPU every 3 years or more and the GPU every 2 years or more. It depends on the components that you buy and the settings that you want to play the games on but if you buy best mainstream stuff (which is awesome but still relatively cheap) and play on high to max setting these are the periods of time you will keep your hardware.

10. xino