The Elder Scrolls Online gets announcement trailer

Friday, 4th May 2012 15:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

ZeniMax Online has released a teaser video for The Elder Scrolls Online. The official website has also gone live as well but there’s not much there at the moment, only the announcement trailer. The site also points to the Game Informer hub for the game, which will include month-long exclusive coverage of the game. Last night, information from the June issue of GI leaked online via a PDF, and it included quite a bit of artwork and in-game screenshots. The long-rumored MMO is set for a release next year on Mac and PC and will be localized in English, French, and German.

1. Gekidami

It seems to end on a comma, should this be only 41secs long?

2. Stephany Nunneley

It should be fixed.

3. Gekidami

Thats better… Though i wasnt missing much. :/

4. Sam Clay

Apologies for that, Elder Scrolls blew up Youtube.

5. Edo

Suddenly ONE hero is not enough…how convenient.

6. Talkar

I hate when trailers like this doesn’t tell you anything about how the game is going to be like. Definitely looking forward to hearing and seeing some more from this, but this trailer was disappointing :/

7. Kabby

Even worse than the Crysis 3 trailer.

8. Phoenixblight

There is a PDF of the GI spilling the beans on mostly everything. Its a pretty generic MMO and nothing like TES.

Action bar controls, 3rd person view, 3 factions, set classes, level ranges per area, no player housing or owning a business. You can’t kill or steal from NPCs.

You can play GW2 and just imagine its Tamriel and be done with it. Its that uninspired.

9. DrDamn

For the real Oblivion experience the whole world should level up with you ;)

10. Phoenixblight

Not saying that I wanted that but something like Skyrim I would be fine with but I am not sure how that level system would work with an MMO. THats one of the things that doesn’t annoy me as much as the rest of the crap.

11. TheWulf

Okay, let’s see…

You can steal from NPCs in Guild Wars 2, there’s only one faction, and you get your own damn city quarter (which is better than a crummy old house any day of the week).

I’m not sure where you’re going with this.

12. freedoms_stain

So what’s the sit-rep on that Skyrim multiplayer mod?

13. TheWulf

Looking pretty good, currently. It was coming along nicely the last time I saw it, and they have quite a big group working on it. I think currently you can get involved in quests, but there’re problems with items.

14. Phoenixblight

My point was TES Online has nothing for one showing that it is indeed Elder scroll other than the name and it being just a generic fantasy MMO. I was actually saying that because GW2 will be the better fantasy MMO.

“Except that you can steal from NPCs in Guild Wars 2″

You can go into NPCs’ houses like SKyrim and take their stuff? If you are just talking about going behind a NPC like WOW and pick pocketing thats not what I was talking about.

15. CPC_RedDawn

Whilst I would LOVE to play an Elder Scrolls MMO, I believe that this wont live up to people expectations. I don’t see it having any where near the same graphics as Skyrim, or even Oblivion for that matter. An MMO is targeted at the largest audience possible, as they will need to bodies to fill that massive world (its even in the genre title MMO lol). This is why AoC has not been as successful as they would have hoped (making a F2P version helped a lot though).

I will still keep an eye on this one though, as if it still retains the same level of atmosphere as Oblivion and Skyrim and has a better battle system similar to Skyrim (with better melee) then I am in no matter what the graphics look like. If it is locked third person and has the same battle system to WoW or other MMO’s then count me out.

16. Phoenixblight

“If it is locked third person and has the same battle system to WoW or other MMO’s then count me out.”

THats exactly what it has. There is no real time combat due to “latency issues” so we get mouse targeting and actionbar controls with cooldowns.

17. Anders

This is probably the first time I’m not excited by something related to the Elder Scrolls series. I love the world and its lore, but I am so-goddamn-tired of MMO’s. I don’t want World of Warcraft with a Elder Scrolls skin.