Darksiders II delayed from June to August – details

Wednesday, 18th April 2012 14:39 GMT By Johnny Cullen

THQ’s announced Darksiders II will now release in August, delaying it from its previous June slot.

THQ’s confirmed a delay for Darksiders II this afternoon, pushing the Vigil action title into August.

The game was previously due to release in the US on June 26 and June 29 on PS3, 360 and PC. It’ll come to Wii U as a launch title.

However, the release was put into doubt recently when THQ core boss Danny Bilson said in an interview the game wasn’t “going to ship it before it’s done.”

In a FAQ, Vigil said the delay had nothing to do with aligning the game’s release alongside Wii U, but rather to do with the quality of the game.

“The date was shifted to ensure we meet the high quality threshold that we are committed to achieving,” it said. “It has nothing to do with any other platform releases.”

Exact release dates for each region will come in “days to come”.

Get recent gameplay footage of it from a trip in Amsterdam here.

1. mickey2002

=( Was gonna have the first week of july off for when it came out, good job didn’t book it lol HR at work are fussy as hell so I’d have to get the week moved again meh.

2. nofear360

Noooooo! I was really looking forward to playing it at the end of June :/

3. Greek God

aw man

4. The_Red

Makes sense. June is the E3 month and last year, pretty much every big new release bombed that month (Alice, Red Faction, Shadows of the Damned…).
    Hopefully the final game will be worth the wait.

5. Edo

Too bad,but it was expected I just hope that they wont delay it again.

6. Dragonborn

Damn !!
    Was Really Excited To Play This Game In My Summer Holiday , Now I Have To Play It When Studying Starts

7. Moonwalker1982

Really no big deal at all for me. Around that time i’m still very busy with

Xbox 360

The Witcher 2
    Skyrim
    Ridge Racer:Unbounded
    Dragon’s Dogma (maybe)
    Ghost Recon FS
    Max Payne 3
    Risen 2

Vita

Gravity Rush

8. endgame

@1 HR are fussy all over the world mate. :)

9. Len

@6 Please tell me your studying grammar? ;)

10. Telepathic.Geometry

your?

11. Dragonborn

@9 english is not my first language , i apologize for any mistakes , and yeah i study grammar but i’m still learning , i’m not a pro :-P

12. LOLshock92

@9 dang son u crispy than loki

13. endgame

@11 Don’t worry mate. You’re doing fine. Some people like to pick on others and they’ll choose any possible reason no matter how small or insignificant that reason is. My advice is to ignore these people.

14. Sublimeone

They say history repeats ITSELF. If I recall, the first one was delayed TWICE.

15. Jackie

It’s fine as long it doesn’t get pushed back in the Call of Duty/AssCreed/EA’s next shooter/FIFA and another annual games month.