Muzyka confirms new Mass Effect titles, ME3 “clarity”

Wednesday, 21st March 2012 15:40 GMT By Johnny Cullen

BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka has confirmed in an open letter that new “titles” in the Mass Effect universe are already been worked on, and that upcoming content will provide “clarity” to Mass Effect 3.

BioWare had promised numerous times Mass Effect 3 wouldn’t be the end of the series as a whole, but this is the first time new “games” in the IP have been confirmed.

The EA label boss also said the ME3 development team is “hard at work on a number of game content initiatives” that will provide “clarity” to the ending of Mass Effect 3.

Muzyka’s open letter follows continued negative fan reaction to the ending of ME3 following its release a week-and-a-half ago, which we summed up this morning.

He added that news on the new content will arrive next month.

“Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey,” he said.

“We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received.”

This is in addition to DLC for ME3 and the new titles promised by Muzyka.

“This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.”

He vowed that BioWare would take on constructive feedback rather than “destructive” feedback towards criticism of the game, noting fans who have hit out at the company for ME3′s ending.

“The reaction to the release of Mass Effect 3 has been unprecedented. On one hand, some of our loyal fans are passionately expressing their displeasure about how their game concluded; we care about this feedback, and we’re planning to directly address it,” said Muzyka.

“However, most folks appear to agree that the game as a whole is exceptional, with more than 75 critics giving it a perfect review score and a review average in the mid-90s. Net, I’m proud of the team, but we can and must always strive to do better.”

He continued: “Some of the criticism that has been delivered in the heat of passion by our most ardent fans, even if founded on valid principles, such as seeking more clarity to questions or looking for more closure, for example – has unfortunately become destructive rather than constructive.

“We listen and will respond to constructive criticism, but much as we will not tolerate individual attacks on our team members, we will not support or respond to destructive commentary.”

1. StolenGlory

Clarity is great, but people really need to get over THAT ending and Bioware shouldn’t break their back to accomodate them for obvious reasons due to the gross precedent that would spawn as a result.

I hate being a gamer sometimes. The sickening kind of self-entitlement that spews out of peoples faces is at worst utterly repugnant and at best indicative of gilded cutlery having been inserted in their anus at conception.

Cunts.

2. Eversor

After this vid you will 100% love bioware for what they done in ending :)

3. Fin

This should be the end of the discussion, right?

HAR HAR HAR HAR

4. Patrick Garratt

I’m sorry, but nowhere in that letter does he say they’re modifying the ending. He simply does not say it.

Look at this: http://kotaku.com/5895215/bioware-is-working-on-a-modified-mass-effect-3-ending

5. StolenGlory

@4 Unbelieveable.

Have you seen the front-facing IGN headline as well Pat?

“Mass Effect 3: New Ending Incoming”.

Le sigh.

6. Patrick Garratt

Fuck me. That’s just ridiculous.

7. SplatteredHouse

@1 What you call “sickening self entitlement” may actually be on the whole, invested players responding with their feelings after playing. That’s not a negative thing, it can be a very helpful one. We all as Bioware have, should renounce or plain ignore the ones showing destructive, unhelpful reactions. If they’re seen to be a minority, then everyone can win some.

8. Jomtos

@Eversor

Thanks O_o

9. Aimless

@4 It is implied to an extent, but you’re right in that it’s an irresponsible headline. But then it is Kotaku; I don’t get mad about my cat leaving half-eaten rodents on the floor, it’s just her nature.

“Clarity” is pretty much all I want. I feel that the current ending is poorly executed, especially in comparison to some of the stellar work throughout the rest of the game, so I’d be pleased if they can bring the finale up to standard.

10. StolenGlory

There are literally countless examples of various media outlets on twitter misreporting this shit. Grrr.

I agree with players responding constructively with their feelings and I perhaps should have quanitifed my original post better when I was referring to merely just ‘people’; since it really is the unreasonable, wholly cretinous minority that I was referring to.

11. shogoz

I thought the ending was great :D. I just finished the game.

12. endgame

Yeah well, while most of the people might be happy about this I can’t help but to wonder how will they approach this matter. Will they create new DLC that will show us what happened to everyone else!? Most likely! But will it be paid DLC? It just might. And if so, this (Mass Effect 3) will be the first unfinished released game for which we might have to pay more just to experience the true ending.

13. Deacon

Not strictly on-topic, but I sincerely hope Bioware/EA do not start offering refunds to those not happy with the ending to ME3 ( as Talkar linked earlier in the news thread – not sure if this is true or not!? http://sticktwiddlers.com/2012/03/21/refunds-offered-for-mass-effect-3 )

I am very much of the opinion that it’s the DEVELOPERS game, and we’re just along for the ride. Screaming butthurt fan-rage because the game didn’t end as you would have liked or because they didn’t deliver precisely what they had suggested they would is driving me fucking insane!

The only thing this will lead to is more developers ‘playing it safe’ through fear of a similar backlash. Pandering to the majority vote from a bunch of generally immature, obsessive gamers.

Fuck that shit. Devs should make games as THEY want them. Write stories how THEY want them.

It’s already a risky enough venture making a new game. All this self-entitled, legal-action bullshit does nothing but add to the risk.

14. viralshag

It’s all going to end in tears.

15. absolutezero

I think this might just be the most depressing thing I have ever read.

In other news Tracy Emins bed is the best work of art ever created because she made it and she says it is. No one is allowed to question this.

They released a sub-standard product and people are pissed about it. Its nothing to do with fucking entitlement you buzzword spewing cunt.

16. TheWulf

You may have just found a new fan.

The self-entitlement bothers me, too. I mean, I’m not the greatest Mass Effect 3 fan, but nothing about the ending bothers me. Perhaps it’s because I have the imagination to try and figure out what happened rather than just being pissed off about everything. I don’t know.

And whilst I agree with someone above that constructive criticism can be a good thing – from most people, even most here, it went far beyond constructive criticism on the first bloody day. And it went to some dark places that really showed the true colours of some of the people here.

I mean… I’m a massive werewolf fan, but I don’t demand werewolves in everything, because that would be idiotic, really. There are lots of things I want from games, but I don’t feel in any position to DEMAND them.

Sometimes I feel that gaming is just a massive circlejerk of self-entitlement.

And it is depressing.

(Hrmn. Yay, condition is getting worse. I’m missing parts of sentences. Bah.)

17. Deacon

People have way more of a right to expect a refund for a copy of Skyrim than they do for ME3.

Is ME3 buggy?? Does it crash?? No. It just doesn’t end the way some people wanted it to. Boo fucking hoo.

18. TheWulf

You took the words right out of my mouth.

But hey, you know how gamers are. Mass Effect 3 is so much worse than what happened with Skyrim.

It reminds me of New Vegas. Obsidian make a damned polished game, a few reviews state vaguee ‘bugginess’ (never going into the details), with one review going so far as to FABRICATE flaws (thanks for that RPS)… and…

People just can’t think for themselves.

19. viralshag

@16, And where does it say people can’t criticise a developer because they were unhappy about something? I personally don’t remember a “CHANGE ME3 ENDING NOW” forum popping up on this site. Maybe I just missed it.

I have seen far more people here being unnecessarily abusive towards those that have expressed their opinions about the ending. I don’t think I have seen the stupid label “self-entitled” and “whiny bitches” thrown around so much before.

@18,

“I can’t stress enough how important it is to question your own opinions, because otherwise, how do you know they’re really yours rather than just repeating something you heard like a parrot?

Too many people don’t examine their opinions, don’t deconstruct them, don’t question them. And too many people sound like voice-relays for the person who gave them that opinion.”

Much like hearing the “self-entitled” parrots, really.

20. Aimless

@13 Nobody’s taken legal action, at least as far as I know; that isn’t what an FTC complaint is, even if I do consider it an overreaction.

ME3 is also something of a special case, given both the nature of the trilogy — an interactive narrative with cumulative choices — and the messaging from BioWare themselves pre-release; Casey Hudson went so far as to call the fans co-creators.

@18 Whilst I agree with that last part, it cuts both ways. Which is to say you seem pretty comfortable branding people as self-entitled, but really the backlash comes as a consequence of BioWare’s commitment to player choice and community feedback. Not to say some fans aren’t being complete arses — this is the internet, that’s kind of par for the course — but the sense of entitlement players feel hasn’t sprung from nowhere, it has a very clear lineage.

21. Deacon

@20 – yeah I agree. Bioware definitely haven’t helped things by involving the consumer as much as they have. But at the end of the day it’s THEIR product. They have the final say.

@15 – “I am very much of the opinion that it’s the DEVELOPERS game, and we’re just along for the ride.”

–”I think this might just be the most depressing thing I have ever read.”

Huh? Because developers are only supposed to make games according to the wants and desires of the gamers who will play them?

Fuck that. We already have ‘sure things’ like CoD. Your post makes no god damn sense. And sub-standard product? http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/mass-effect-3 pleeaase.

22. Jayla

***SPOILERS***
    Clarification. That’s all I want. I want the endings to make sense. The Indoctrination theory is the only one that makes sense for me right now, but even if it turns out to be wrong, and they really were your only choices, then I’ll take it and bare it and turn my hopes to the new installments of the Mass Effect series.

But if that is the case, then I at least want to know what happened to my squad. If I’m allowed additional questions,then I want to know what happens to the whole military force being stuck in Earth/Sol system with no way to return home. I want to know what happened to Palavon, the Quarians and the Krogan. Were the Geth/EDI really killed off with the Reapers if you got the “Perfect” ending (Shepherd breathes)? Can The Arrival DLC be taken as canon along with the others seemingly are (Liara as the Shadow Broker whether you downloaded the DLC or not for example) and do we assume the Mass Relays are completed obliterated, taking hundreds of planets with them in their Super Nova effect? So many questions, too many seeming plot holes if the Indoc theory is wrong.

I don’t expect all of my questions to be answered, but I would like some light shed on them.

23. BraveLilCrumpet

I finished Mass Effect 3 on Monday, from my point of view I found nothing wrong in the ending although I can understand why a select few felt the way they did.
    However one can only emphasize enough and on a personal note I think this group has taken it too far.

***minor spoilers***

I’ll try not to spoil the ending for anyone but I picked the “Red” option to end my game. From the original ME through to this one I had one goal and I stuck with it until the end.

I will agree that there are some plot holes like why the Normandy is in FTL and the aftermath but this from the outset looked like it was going to be answered in DLC or in another title.

I’ll admit, the Three choices at the end confused me and I had to turn it off to think about it.
    For a story that hammered home one solution to fix the problem it seemed a little odd to then give you Three choices. Two of which didn’t even involve what you originally set out to do.

***end of spoilerage***

Either way you look at it Bioware is in a no win situation.
    If they release paid DLC to “fix” the end you’ll have the conspiracy theorists about DLC having a field day. Not to mention some moron somewhere will probably try to sue them by claiming they never got the full game to begin with and all that crap.
    The other way will to be release it for free, however that’ll send a sign saying “if you don’t like our writing or decision making then just complain enough and we’ll change it for you.”

Personally I think Bioware should just come out and say something like the following:

“We send our thanks for all of those who bought and enjoyed Mass Effect 3 however we’re sad to hear a select few of you have not found final closer in our trilogy.
    We value your feedback and are actively working hard on another game set in the Mass Effect universe which will hopefully answer some of your questions.”

These have been my thoughts anyway, take them, leave them or just plain ignore them, I’m cool either way.

24. Aimless

@21 Whilst on the whole I agree with the sentiment that ultimate creative control should rest with the creator, you do have to question where to draw the line.

For instance the ending was originally going to feature a sequence where the player lost control of Shepard due to Reaper indoctrination, but it had to be cut because they ran into tech issues. Is that then the ‘true’ ending? I mean it is what they wanted to do, they simply couldn’t implement it.

Given the intervention of producers, budgets, time limits and technical limitations you’ll be hard pressed to find any game — or other media, really — that is the perfect manifestation of its artistic intent. Commercial art isn’t sacrosanct by the nature of its production, so in this case you could view the fan reaction as focus testing that happened after the somewhat arbitrary point at which the game is ‘done’.

25. Jayla

@ BraveLilCrumpet

I can see your viewpoint, but I do not believe that the unhappy folks are a select few. Bioware wouldn’t make a statement like this if it were a select few.

To add to another, side point: My only other Bioware experience was Dragon Age Origins, from the looks of it, Bioware’s “thing” is to release the main story and then add extra/clarification DLC’s/Expansions stories afterward. This was confirmed by my boyfriend who’s played older Bioware games, and he agreed that if people think its not enough Bioware do generally try to clarify or add to what’s already there, as stated in further expansions/DLCs.

He could be wrong, I could be wrong, I’m *very* open to being told if we are wrong. I don’t want to float around this idea of Bioware that isn’t true even inside my own head. (Basically, if I’m wrong let me know).

26. BraveLilCrumpet

@ Jayla

I’m going to do a Bioware now and release clarification :p

In “select few” I was referring to the number of complaints Bioware have received in relation to the amount of units Mass Effect 3 has sold.

I don’t know the exact numbers but let’s just say Mass Effect 3 has sold 5 million.
    Out of those 5 million, 20,000 individuals have complained so in that respect it’s only a fraction and “select few” of the overall base that actually bought the game have voiced their concerns.

Perhaps “select few” wasn’t the best way to get my view across so I apologize for any confusion :p

27. Erthazus

I finished the game and it’s the worst pile of shit ever created by Bioware, even worse than Dragon Age 2.

Also, i think endings are the best thing this game had to offer. Most of the gamers expected it to end like every other game in this genre: Sheppard wins and everything is ok (+ my choices)

@Spoilers@

But Bioware did a good job, by saying to player that “”You” don’t have a power over our setting/world” because Sheppard is not the whole world and his choices can’t count when Reapers were a freakin power to begin with that destroyed each organic race by the time period.
    Player should be thankful to Bioware that Crucible gave player a CHOICE.

28. HeavyD-Love

We are right now witnessing industry changing history in the making….

Oh, and BTW, if we’re going to start changing endings post-release, I’d like to put in a request for id to have RAGE updated…..that game didn’t even HAVE an ending…

29. Jayla

@ BraveLilCrumpet

Indeed, the vast majority of people don’t feel the compelling need to do something and then immediately voice their opinions, whether in rage or otherwise. But these vast majorities aren’t getting their opinions known, and things don’t change if opinions aren’t voiced.

I assumed you were referring to the fact that out of the small group that voice their opinions, the “select few” were the one’s who were unhappy with the ME3 ending and thus weren’t bothering with listening too.

I may still be getting what you’re saying wrong, it’s not the first time C:

30. albo88

mhhhh i wonder why peoples keep hacking this days oh i forgot everything come in DLC now days even the ending hahahahaha shame
    tell me 1 game that EA or activision haven’t fuckt up

31. manamana

@HeavyD-Love: best comment ever regarding this Mass-hysteria-effect – applause!

32. manamana

Oh, on that regard: can we now all get back to HL3, which didn’t even *started*! :D

33. OrbitMonkey

Well it’s not like this is a new phenomenon.

I imagine theirs a few guys at Bioshock quite pleased by all this kerfuffle ;-)

34. TheWulf

Agreed, it’s absolutely not. In fact, I completely support constructive criticism. I do it all the time! I have a thread on the forums about how I think that there’s too much non-optional slaughter in RPGs (which should know better).

But the difference between myself and some of the people in this argument is that I’m not trying to make out that I’m somehow entitled to a better RPG. I’m not. I’m just providing feedback. But I mean… some of the people who’ve been going on about this contacted the frickin’ FTC about it.

Constructive criticism is a good thing. Obsessive, almost narcissistic self-entitlement is an ugly mindset that almost seems to be forming its own subculture. That’s something we need to stamp out as quickly as possible, and with no tolerance.

I’m not Bioware’s biggest fan (far, far from it) but I don’t like to see this happen. Like I’ve said before, it just reminds me of the people who used to post on Notch’s tumblr.

There were actually people who’d post things like: “Where’s that expansion you promised us you lazy fuck? Or are you going to become ill and go on another vacation?!”

Yeah. That was a real thing.

And that sort of mindset continues to haunt me. I think it’s very prevalent amongst gamers. To be honest, I pay such close attention to the psychology of gamers that I could likely write a bloody book on the subject by now. But this is by far and wide one of the more ugly sides.

It’s hard not to be depressed by it.

I know I’m not neurotypical but I want to know why my brain has started incrementing all numbers by one, lately. It’s getting weird, and a bit worrying.

35. TheWulf

I like you.

It’s mostly because you raise an interesting point. I don’t think that Bioware should listen to people at all right away, I really don’t think it’s necessary for them to do that. In fact, until a certain thing has been done, I think it’s imperative to ignore people.

You’re right.

See… I’m familiar with people who voice their opinions, and I worry sometimes that it’s giving me a very negative view of humanity. Because most of the people who’re vocal tend to be xenophobic, self-entitled, egotistical, and… just not great people.

You do have the odd great opinion, but there’s so much guff out there.

So much noise and bluster.

They could even add a comments box to it for constructive criticism, allowing each person to add their thoughts without it turning into a massive Internet argument. And the only people who’d see these thoughts would be Bioware.

That’s in an ideal world, though, I suppose.

36. absolutezero

Releasing the real ending to a game as paid DLC is not new.

The 2008 Prince of Persia failed Reboot did exactly that.

The World did not end. Some people got angry, most never cared, some people bought it and enjoyed the conclusion to the story.

The entire thing about people wanting a perfect ending where everything goes to plan and Shepard is alive and kicking is a falacy, next to no one actually wants that. No one wants pandered to really all they want is for Mass Effect 3 to have the same quality ending as the previous two games. The kind of ending where your choices over the course of the game come to fruition. They managed it twice before in the same series. They managed it many many times before in previous series.

Look I never even bought the game, mainly because of not really enjoying ME2 all that much and day one plot important DLC collectors edition, tie in micro DLC bullshit. The self-entitlement arguement is lazy and its tired, its become somewhat of a get out of jail free card whenever someone feels disgruntled towards an artistic medium.

There have been critics since the first art was created. I doubt every single last one of them had entitlement issues, and yet here we are today still using the same shitty excuses to not listen to an audience.

Imagine if the level of entitlement spewing was at the same level when Alpha Protocol was released, people might have actually tried to defend that. Whats that? Alpha Protocol was exactly as the developers intended and its churlish to try and complain about what they made? Im being self entitled for pointing out that its a mess?

Jesus.

37. BraveLilCrumpet

@ Jayla

The “select few” are the indeed the ones who have voiced their concerns over the ending.

People were going to hate it no matter what the outcome was. People are going to dislike the “clarity” that Bioware has promised too.

Endings are always going to create divide, in TV, film and games but just like in TV and film Bioware should stand up and acknowledge peoples concerns but also stand by their work.
    I remember when Lost finished, a huge amount of people kicked off about the end.
    The writers and producers acknowledged it wasn’t what people expected and tried to put it into context, in no way did they go back and make another episode to please the fans, but this feels like what Bioware are doing.

I’m not sure if I’m creating more confusion here.

38. DSB

@36 Excellent point.

It is a shame that some people overreact, because it may serve to invalidate what may be a real complaint.

On the other hand, looking at thousands of unhappy customers and telling them to eat their shit sandwich and like it, because otherwise they’re just entitled children, is certainly every bit as retarded.

People are rightfully entitled to call something shit, if that’s what they think.

39. Jayla

@ BraveLilCrumpet

“I understand and respect their views but I also believe Bioware should also stand up and be proud of what they’ve created and not give in under pressure to change anything.”

I agree, I think the petition to change the ending entirely is ridiculous, and to me it looks like people are upset it didn’t go their way and are demanding they change it so it does. Mass Effect is indeed Bioware’s baby and we have no right to say “Change it”.

However when a series has ended and it leaves more questions than it answers when it’s spent the last two games mostly explaining them, when with a game with few plot holes (all games have them to an extent and they’re acceptable), manages to fill the last 10 minutes with more of them than seen in the rest of the series, that’s when people have the right to say “Hang on a minute, this doesn’t make sense.” And hope for Bioware to say “Well let me explain”.

Mass Effect did not at all seem like a game in which the end result would be (I hate using this term but its the closest I can think of right now) space magic. As I said in another forum post here, I don’t want a new ending. I’m happy to take this one, I just want some mandatory questions answered if I am to continue believing in the series. (Believing in the believable sense, not in the faith sense).

Maybe if we do get some explanations, and it *still* doesn’t make sense, my feelings may change. But I’m taking this one step at a time.

I don’t mean to do an Annie Wilkes, however: you can cheat a little, so long as its fair. And the ending was anything but.

Unless … This whole Indoctrinating theory turns out correct.

Then Bioware is the biggest genius on the planet and deserves a fucking medal each!

(As a note, I can’t relate to the Lost example at all, I stopped watching it fairly early on and haven’t had the inclination to look back and wonder what happened.)

40. Jayla

@ TheWulf

Surveys are a nice idea, very nice. Blizzard (World of Warcraft) use them all the time. But sadly people don’t like surveys, they tend to be very droll, long and a marketing scheme, and if they’re forced/in your face about it (like WoW’s are sometimes) then people can fake the answers by ticking random answers. They can be reliable if simplified though.

A lot of companies look at the communities like this to determine the “populations” idea.

But again, this brings up BraveLilCrumpet’s point, in that the vast majority of fans don’t voice their opinion openly/in a way Bioware can see. But, if we few minorities don’t speak up about our opinions merely because we are the few, then nothing ever changes.

41. absolutezero

Ill also point out that changing endings due to fan feedback is not something new, comic books have been doing it for years, movies change massively after test screening feedback and alot of authors take advice from publishers and editors.

Hell Blade Runner changed its ending multiple times. Superman had to retconned post haste when the fan feedback blew up over a new direction it took, they hated it. At no point did DC try and say they should just put the fuck up with it because its their comic and they can do what they want.

42. HeavyD-Love

Bioshock creator Ken Levine speaks on the issue:

As I said above (post #28, thanks post #31!), this is history in the making for this industry. This really gets into ethics and much more.

My opinion is the game should not ship to retail until the ending is fully intact and the developers are happy with their decisions. DLC should SUPPLEMENT the games contents, but the games main contents (intro, body, conclusion) should be fully complete upon gold pressing. If fans don’t like it the ending, move on to the next game then.

You know how many endings i disliked? I never complained publicly about them. (except for RAGE on boards such as these, and that game deserved an epic ending, any ending would have sufficed really….)

43. DSB

Blade Runner is a brilliant example.

If you look at the original version, it’s such a cheap b-movie, but once Ridley Scott was allowed to make it what he always wanted it to be, it truly earned its place as a classic movie.

Sadly I don’t think we’ll ever be able to expect that sort of thing from developers.

I guess CD Projekt Red are sorta strumming those strings with The Witcher 2 though.

44. Malmer

‘Clarity’ doesn’t offset the fact that if in every choice in the series I choose the opposite to what I have with my current character I still get the one only ending with the consequence of also making everything I’ve done undone and irrelevant while doing so with terrible writing and more plot holes than the entire series combined.

For a series that prides itself on choice and clever writing and that was heavily marketed as having many completely different endings, that is a shame beyond belief. Clarity is not enough.

Where is the ending where the reapers win? The ending where all is good? The sad ending? The ending where alliances break apart due to bad calls on my part? Actually, where is the ending where my choices end up as anything but just a simple number on the EMS progressbar?

I don’t demand a new ending. But I sure will be restrictive with my money when it comes to bioware and even more restrictive when it comes to trusting anything bioware says in the future.

…unless it is all just indoctrination theory and it was planned all along with the real ending coming in april. In that case Bioware are my gaming gods forever. Brilliant!

45. viralshag

@TheWulf,

“What I think perhaps should happen is surveys. If a company finds that a vocal group is complaining loudly about something, they should put up a survey and then get this survey out to as many news sites as possible. “Were you okay with the ending?” would likely result in a landslide yes vote.”

The problem with that comment is the you are assuming all people not complaining are satisfied customers. Which may or may not be the case.

Going off the balance on VG247, there seems to be more people unhappy with the ending than those who don’t care or that are happy.

And as for myself, someone who is unhappy with the ending, I have not signed any petitions or made any “official complaint” in Bioware’s forums. If they were to send me a survey however, I would happily say I was unhappy with the ending.

The problem with surveys is that it can make a bad situation worse, just by asking the people that may have stayed quiet if never asked at all.

46. absolutezero

“As I said above (post #28, thanks post #31!), this is history in the making for this industry.”

Its really not, mainly because its happened multiple times before. I mentioned Prince of Persia 2008 releasing its real ending as paid for DLC, and developers have changed parts of the games due to fan pressure. Suckerpunch changed Cole from his full head of hair model in the first Infamous 2 video back to his original model from the first game after the massive fan backlash. That never “changed the ball game” or caused that much of a fuss. I guess because Sucker Punch are not Bioware and as such are not a magnet for drama and hyperbole.

You want to know whats even better about that specific example? The guy that made the walking down the street video for IGN created a news piece when Cole got changed to his old model praising Sucker Punch for listening to the fans and changing the game.