Digital Foundry: Mass Effect 3 framerate better on 360 than PS3

Thursday, 8th March 2012 10:07 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Digital Foundry’s reporting that framerate for final code of Mass Effect 3 on 360 is better than its PS3 counterpart, with issues surrounding the latter similar to what they were in the demo.

DF says the PS3 version is capped at 30FPS, but does drop to 20FPS when playing outdoor areas.

It added the 360 version was “better optimised,” going further to say that, while it was “liable” in dips, it isn’t quite as much as it does on PS3.

The finale in the BioWare space opera launches tomorrow on PS3, 360 and PC in the UK and Europe.

1. G1GAHURTZ

Feels like 2009…

2. Colin Gallacher

Looked like 2009 as well. It’s a shame because the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 was rather nicely done.

3. Erthazus

60$ +20 FPS for EA blockbuster Sci-Fi end trilogy?

Ahahaha. Lol.

My previous old PC could handle it in 60 frames per second on max settings. That is just poor coding and poor optimization. Grats EA and Bioware. Keep up the good work.

4. strikkebil

when skyrim sells millions and barely runs on ps3, i guess 20fps is a non issue for bioware and ea. i am really dissapointed in both sony and bioware. why do sony approve these games?! send them back, so the consumer can expect a product that actually works..

im gonna get it on ps3 because i played me2 on ps3. how i regret that descision now, since i also own xbox. and thats another thing. me2 ran much better than the me3 demo, what gives bioware? seems like they dont give a shit cos they couldve made it better. we know since me2 was better. i have already started getting multiplatform games for xbox eventhough ps3 is my preferd platform, if this keeps up- fuck it sony, im out..

5. LOLshock94

pretty much sonys falut for making the ps3 a had console to make games on.

6. Joe Musashi

Sony must’ve made your keyboard too then.

JM

7. sagex333

I run this game at 120+ fps on my PC… Good thing I didnt get it for PS3.