Alan Wake: American Nightmare launch trailer released

Friday, 17th February 2012 16:59 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Remedy has released the launch trailer for Alan Wake: American Nightmare. It’s posted below. The game, which releases next Wednesday, finds our hero stuck in an altered reality where he must pursue his evil double, Mr. Scratch. In addition to the single-player mode, a new arcade mode called “Fight till Dawn” is included which has players battling enemy onslaughts through the night while racking up a high score.

1. Gheritt White

Oh, I get it now – Alan Wake goes grindhouse!

2. wamp

they said in the developer diary that this is more Tarantino and Rodriguez, than Stephen King

3. xxJPRACERxx

Got the PC version of Alan Wake. Wow, the gfx boost compared to the 360 is huge. 360 is sub 720p. Now playing in 1080p with AA. Really liked the game on 360. Hope this one will come to PC in the future, so I’m skipping 360 version, I hate to buy games twice or more.

4. _LarZen_

Remedy is going from the horror/action that the first Alan Wake was and over to this action game to apeal to more people.

I realy dont like it at all, its not like there aint enugh action games out is there.

Since I love the first Alan Wake I wil have to give this a go, but everything I see is so far not good at all. Its like watching how Capcom ruined the Residen Evil games all over….

5. Johnny Cullen

Why? This suits it. It’s based off an episode written by Wake for Night Springs, the TV show from the first game. Even that was very grindhousey/snuff some of the time. So going down the Tarantino route with this suits it.

That’s not to say it’ll stay like that for the sequel when it eventually arrives. It could go back to the Twin Peaks styling of the first for the sequel. But I reckon this suits it, given the context.

6. Da Man

Wasn’t the game action from the start.

7. freedoms_stain

@6, no, it was a running game. The 1st game had more running than Mirrors Edge.

8. Da Man

But isn’t running around what sets survival horror apart from action ? I had more running in those Silent Hill games than I did in the late Sonic.

9. CityCobra

86% for Alan Wake’s American Nightmare from GamingXP.com

Link:

Mr. Wake, welcome to the mass market: less demanding, more casual than the original. New players will be eased into the world of Alan Wake and fans will surely enjoy the new Fight till Dawn mode in addition to having some loving memories on the original game.