Radnet Edition announced for Prototype 2, contains over 55 pieces of additional content

Tuesday, 31st January 2012 13:54 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Activision has announced a limited release for Prototype 2 call the Radnet Edition, which will include a one-time use code containing 55 free pieces of content to be delivered for the seven weeks ending June 7 following the game’s launch.

Scheduled content for the Radnet edition will include in-game events, challenges, avatar items, dynamic themes and behind-the-scenes videos, as well as bonus Mutations for the game’s main campaign.

Those who participate in all of Radnet’s weekly challenges and events will unlock the “ultimate shape-shifting reward” which is set to be revealed in March.

It will be made available only while supplies last for PS3 and Xbox 360.

Prototype 2 is out on April 24 for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. G1GAHURTZ

Ooooooh!

Looks sweet!

2. absolutezero

See this is how you do “Please buy our game new and not used”, you add things to make it more appealing, you do not remove things and lock them away.

3. DSB

I’m tentatively stoked for this one. The footage they’ve shown so far has looked extremely convincing. Pretty much like how the first game should’ve been.

If they fuck it up again, I’m gonna be a sad panda.

@2 Much agreed.

4. NeoSquall

Activision, Y U NO PC?

5. TheWulf

I’m not bothered about the lack of PC extras, to be honest. If there are any content exclusives then I surmise that a mod to unlock them on the PC version (as I bet the assets will be in there) will be along in short order.

I’m more interested in this game as a crazy stress reliever, and also as an excuse to run around as a chitinous critter that’s able to ignore gravity. (I absolutely loved the chitinous armour of the original Prototype, I used it almost all the time. That’s probably what I’d be sad about the loss of, but I can’t really see that happening.)

Prototype was just a bit different, really. It wasn’t men with guns (and goodness knows I’m sick to the teeth of those), it was a chitinous man-made hivemind biomass thingy that could morph itself and do all sorts of utterly bonzo things.

I’d like more of that, really.

6. absolutezero

The PC version has been delayed till the end of July and more than likely will come with all the stupid crap unlocked and be called “Complete”.

Joke.

7. Edo

#24 Yeap,it’s July 24th now for the PC version,but I have a feeling it’s going to be delayed again.