New Alan Wake gets first teasing shot pre-VGA unveil

Monday, 7th November 2011 22:35 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Boom? We’re gonna say boom.

Following from its tease of the next BioWare IP earlier this evening, Game Informer has tonight posted the first screenshot of the new Alan Wake title coming to Xbox Live Arcade from Remedy.

The shot shows Alan himself standing out in the middle of a road at night, wearing what can only be described as builder’s clothes. Probably explains the nail gun in his hand.

Also spotted in the screen is a sign for the town Night Springs, which may lead credence to the name of the game, Alan Wake: Night Springs. It’s been promised the title will be “structured” as if it was a full game.

The Remedy thriller sequel will get its unveil at the Spike VGAs on December 10.

1. absolutezero

Nail gun.

NAIL GUN.

2. Jedi Mind Tricks

not to split hairs but it’s nail gun… a nail gun in his hand. I know this cause I’m a Man’s Man!

3. fearmonkey

I loved the game, a shame it didn’t sell well. Whoever thought it was a good idea to launch close to Red Dead Redemption wasn;t very smart. :(
    Looking forward to seeing how this game pans out, I’m confused how this will make a good XBLA game….

@2 – Maybe the idea that your a man’s man is a Jedi mind trick… How can we trust you?

4. Maximum Payne

If they are going to release it on XBLA then they its ideal for Steam mostly because of price IMO.

5. Blerk

I’m right in thinking that Night Springs isn’t actually a real place, yes? It was the name of the in-game Twilight Zone style TV show, which makes me wonder whether the game will be casting you as different characters in various episodes (although still looking like Alan).

6. absolutezero

Night Springs was the name of the town in the fictional TV series Night Springs.

Much like Twin Peaks. So either Alan has gone for a jaunt around TV or something else.

7. HeavyD-Love

I thought they said the next Alan Wake was for the next Xbox, no?

8. Ireland Michael

@7 Not sure where you heard that but… no.