Uncharted 3 goes gold, sports Starhawk beta, doc videos

Wednesday, 12th October 2011 01:33 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Sony has confirmed that Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception has gone gold, and will feature a special bonus inside its shiny packaging.

A post on the US PS Blog confirms that all retail copies of the game will include a beta access code for Starhawk; the strategy shooter is expected in 2012.

But wait! Call now! Because that’s not all.

“We’ll have four behind-the-scenes videos detailing the development and production of UNCHARTED 3 for free and available on the retail UNCHARTED 3 disc,” the post continued, in line with series traditions.

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception releases next month, exclusively on PlayStation 3.

Naughty Dog let slip that the game was finished and awaiting certification last week.

1. Dannybuoy

That news had made my day and I’ve not even had a coffee yet.

2. OlderGamer

I want in the Starhawk beta pretty bad, just not a huge UC fan.

3. daytripper

@2 a few of my friends are getting UC3, i’ll see if i can get you one of their codes

4. viralshag

So wait, I’m having some trouble understanding this… I can get beta access… Without having to pre-order it from somewhere in particular?

You’re… You’re just giving me access… I DON’T BELIEVE YOU! WHAT’S THE CATCH?

Awesome stuff really. UC3 was always going to be a sure buy for me anyway.

5. Gekidami

Like most of the betas you can bet this’ll be US only in the game and in Europe it’ll be for Plus members.

6. viralshag

I didn’t think about that. Hmm. I hope we see some love in the UK and for non-Plus users.

7. daytripper

i still play warhawk sometimes, the plane whores annoy me though

8. OlderGamer

Thnx Day, that’d be great. This is my one big shooter that I hope to get and hold my interest for a long long time. Very excited about it. I also enjoyed warhawk.