Battlefield 3 beta kicking off on September 29

Tuesday, 20th September 2011 14:08 GMT By Johnny Cullen

EA’s announced that the multiplayer beta for Battlefield 3 will finally go live and open for all on September 29. That’s next Thursday.

Owners of Medal of Honour and those who pre-ordered the PC digital edition from Origin will get a headstart from next Tuesday, September 27.

Players will get access to Operation Metro in Paris, where two tac units face off one another in Rush Mode, one of the series’ long mainstay multiplayer modes.

You’ll also gain access to the free servie Battlelog whilst in the beta.

Battlefield 3 releases on October 25 in the US and October 28 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC

1. StolenGlory

FUCK YES.

No details about early access for the Origin/Medal of Honor folks though?

2. Yoshi

Everything here: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta#

3. OrbitMonkey

Oh good, get to see what all the fuss is about :)

4. StolenGlory

@2 Ah yeah, cheers for the link :)

Bit pissed at Metro being brought out again for the beta though.

5. Yoshi

@4 No worries :D
    And yeh same, it would be cool to also experience a conquest on BF3 as well :( but I can understand why they want to get Metro out again.

6. StolenGlory

Heh – I notice that the answer for the following question on their site:

“I SEE THERE ARE SERVERS UP FOR A SECOND MAP ON PC. CAN I ACCESS AND PLAY THIS MAP?”

Cannot be revealed :)

7. Maximum Payne

I think on forum somebody said that there will SP and Coop in beta ?
    I am not sure but it would be great ^_^

8. StolenGlory

Yeah, I saw that too!

Hmmm…

9. Yoshi

@6 Ohh yeh, fingers crossed for a second map to be added half way through the beta :D

P.S If anyone missed it they revealed the official PC specs through the link;

Minimum System Requirements
    OS: WINDOWS VISTA (SERVICE PACK 2) 32-BIT
    PROCESSOR: 2 GHZ DUAL CORE (CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ OR ALTHON X2 2.7 GHZ)
    MEMORY: 2 GB
    HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
    GRAPHICS CARD (AMD): DIRECTX 10.1 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 SERIES, WITH ATI RADEON 3870 OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
    GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA): DIRECTX 10.0 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 SERIES WITH NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
    SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
    KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
    DVD ROM DRIVE

Recommended System Requirements
    OS: WINDOWS 7 64-BIT
    PROCESSOR: QUAD-CORE CPU
    MEMORY: 4 GB
    HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
    GRAPHICS CARD: DIRECTX 11 COMPATIBLE WITH 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 OR ATI RADEON 6950)
    SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
    KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
    DVD ROM DRIVE

10. Lounds

@9 looking at spec

looks like it’s time for a new build, last one was Jan 2008.

E8200 @2.6ghz
    4gb RAM @800mhz
    ATI RADEON 4850 – 512mb

11. Hcw87

Maybe they should consider announcing when their servers will be fixed, since you know, hundreds of people havent been able to connect to ANY EA game for months now.

12. saint_slug

i got medal of honour out the pre owned box for £10 but i had to pay 800msp to play online. will i get access to the beta??

13. Gekidami

Wait, what? People who brought that piece of shit MoH only get the beta 2 days before everyone else? Seriously, fuck you EA you BS merchants.

14. GrimRita

@13 LOL you got sucked into the EA BS machine? That will teach you

15. StolenGlory

Sure as hell beats buying Splinter Cell Conviction where the promised Beta invite didn’t happen at all!

Still, SC:C, is a far better game, but I digress :)

16. saint_slug

the single player was short on MOH but it was enjoyable..defo worth a rent

17. freedoms_stain

When I read it was Op Metro only my heart sank.

I really wanted to play Battlefield, not Rush.

Ho hum.

18. endgame

where is the demo section in origin!?

19. Droid

The beta has already started for a some people who did the original MoH deal. I guess they are staggering access or something.

Edit: Forget what I said, I was given bad info. :(

20. Gekidami

I guess you’re right, i didnt think EA’s blatant disrespect for their customers would extend that far, but if theres one publisher whose going to lure you into their van with candy then rape you, it’s going to be EA. I should have seen it coming, really.

21. CaptPierce

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.
    :D

22. Giskard

So now Activision are the good guys again? Oh, you’re like a bunch of spoiled children.

Naturally EA wouldn’t make an exlusive long-lasting beta for MoH. Then they’d screw over the smart BF-players who did not buy into their marketing. They’ll give you two days worth of gameplay, which is more than I expected, to be fair. I presumed they’d just say “Hey, sorry guys, we thought it’d be a closed beta, but SURPRISE, it’s not.”.

23. Gekidami

^ I’m sorry, are you actually basing that of something i’ve said in the past, or are you talking straight out of your anus?
    I already know its crap, but please show me where i’ve said anything about EA being better than Acti, or Acti being ‘the bad guys’, as you put it.

And whilst your at it explain why you felt the need to bring up Activision in the first place seeing as no other post makes mention of them. Seems rather childish of you, to me.