Arrested Development duo to provide original content for Call of Duty: Elite

Thursday, 4th August 2011 11:28 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Arrested Development actors Jason Bateman and Will Arnett will provide original content to Call of Duty: Elite, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The pair, who played Bluth brothers Michael and Gob on the show, will make “original video programming” via their production company, DumbDumb Productions.

It’s not known if the content will be given to users for free or to subs of the service only. Acti Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg said back in June that it was planning to create a web series for the service.

Activision announced yesterday that Arnett will be present at the CoD XP event in L.A. next month, where he will be showing preview of the series in production.

Elite will launch alongside Modern Warfare 3 on November 8.

1. Razor

They’re making a huge mistake.

2. Deacon

no mention of Franklin ;(

3. The_Red

I usually love seeing Jason Bateman and Will Arnett in movies but they instantly lost a lot of my respect after this. Doing anything associated with CoD Elite is like working for Uwe Boll.

4. Shonak

That’s okay. Arnett is a big fan of CoD, so no blaming here. Besides that, I love him. Maybe there will be like a show with Arnett every sunday or so. That’d be nice. Still wouldn’t pay for Elite though.

5. LOLshock94

@3 just cause they are in a COD related video you don’t respect them? sad person, just because its call of duty…

6. The_Red

Wow, talk about manners. Also, there is nothing against CoD. It’s the Elite that I hate.

7. LOLshock94

elites free… the only thing you pay is for the clan battles which in fairness only people will pay are those who have clans so how should it affect you and even if the whole thing is free you still wouldn’t give a shit so stop hate on stuff that don’t affect you at all

8. Fin

The fuck? What’s wrong with it?
    You get stats for free, you pay to get members competitions, early DLC, etc.

9. Ashwin

@The_Red

Talk about manners? You’re claiming you “hate” something you haven’t even tried yet. Are you in the beta? Because, if you’re not, my opinion is that hating on something you know very little about is the height of bad manners.

10. DSB

“Grrrrr, I hate this free service that I don’t have to use, let alone pay for if I did”

Smart stuff!

@9 If I remember correctly it’s not just stats you get for free, it’s also all the community and group features. So far it hasn’t looked to me like they’re locking any of the core features away.

I would imagine that something like this would be premium though.

11. bennyrichards

I love Arrested Development!
    bit.ly/ncG8y8