Activision has announced additional new details regarding this first-ever Call of Duty XP fan experience, and one nugget which may interest attendees, is the fact they will walk away with a special redemption code for a free copy of the Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition.
The firm also mentioned again the 32-slot, single-elimination Call of Duty $1 Million Tournament sponsored by Xbox 360, which has folks pre-qualifying around the globe by playing Call of Duty: Black Ops. All XP tournament contestants will do battle in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, live in front of thousands at the XP event. Four Tournament slots will be filled on site at Call of Duty XP, giving attendees a shot at the largest gaming prize purse. The top eight teams will be in the money, with the winning squad pocketing $400,000.
After the Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer keynote at the event, all attendees will be able to get hands-on with the game, as well as other games in the Call of Duty series.
XP will also reveal the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition, where all event attendees will receive a special redemption code for a free copy of the Hardened Edition when it becomes available worldwide on November 8.
Attendees will also be the first to see the new, original programming under development exclusively for Elite members, including a collaboration with dumbdumb, the production company led by Arrested Development alumni Will Arnett and Jason Bateman. Arnett is scheduled to attend the event.
The Modern Warfare-inspired live-action short by We Can Pretend, who were behinde the Find Makarov flick, will alos be on show as well as the next installment of Pro vs. G.I. Joe, where celebrities and gamers face-off against US troops using XBL.
But wait, there's more:
- A paintball firefight across a life-size replica of Modern Warfare 2's Scrapyard level.
- The opportunity to speed-run the infamous Modern Warfare 2 The Pit training sequence, for real.
- A military-style zip-line plunge across the Call of Duty XP compound.
- Suiting up for one-on-one battle in Juggernaut Sumo.
- Rations and refreshment for sale at Modern Warfare's 2 iconic Burgertown fast food joint.
- A comprehensive Call of Duty armory and museum, featuring concept art and unique memorabilia from the entire franchise.
More details for the first-ever Call of Duty XP will be released soon.
Tickets are on sale now, and the event will take place at the Call of Duty XP compound in Playa Vista, CA in Los Angeles
Activision's donating 100 percent of the proceeds from the event to The Call of Duty Endowment.