Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 announced by Capcom

Wednesday, 20th July 2011 17:10 GMT By Staff

Capcom’s officially announced Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS3 and 360, with 12 new fighters confirmed for the “mid-range” priced release.

The roster, which is now up to 50, will include Strider and Firebrand from the Capcom side, as well as Ghost Rider and Hawkeye for Marvel. No other fighters were formally announced, but it looks as though some industrious folks on NeoGAF (via Shack) have found the full roster of newbies.

Capcom: Firebrand, Strider Hiryu, Phoenix Wright, Vergil, Nemesis, and Frank West.

Marvel: Hawkeye, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Rocket Racoon, and Nova.

The re-release will also have a list of enhancements and features that’ll improve balance and online play, as well as include the fan-requested spectator mode, allowing you to view fights online live.

It’s out this November. Watch the videos for it below, some courtesy of Gematsu, and check out the screens for it in the gallery.

1. Suikoden Fan

and Capcom milks its fanbase again on a new franchise, this is why i rate them worse than acti, that and there dlc policy, complete twat company this gen

2. DeVitowned

50 character roster, you say? New modes as well? Good thing I waited for this inevitable release instead of early adoption. However, will there be an Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 Turbo Arcade Extreme Edition to release 6 months down the road?

3. xino

was the spectator mode removed on purpose? yes!
    this was their aim.

i like how Capcom thinks but i hate how they milk their fanbase!

i will be renting this shit…again just like I rented MvC3.

4. Stephany Nunneley

Video is in there now.

5. spiderLAW

well, ill be sellng my copy for $30 and save it for this….HOWEVER!!! this is it for me from Capcom…..The only title ill buy from them now is Onimusha, if they ever bring a new one that is.

6. spiderLAW

that means im canceling my Pre-Orders for Street Fighter X Tekken, Asura’s Wrath, and Devil May Cry.

7. ACME

I hate Capcom now! Like @spiderLAW this will be my last game from them…

8. deathgaze

Wow, lotta haters in here. I guess you folks don’t remember Street Fighter 2 through Street Fighter 2 Turbo. Or Street Fighter Alpha through 3. Or Street Fighter EX through EX3.

Look, kiddies: Fighting games are expensive to make and don’t sell gangbusters like Call of Duty or Elder Scrolls. Capcom has used the same revenue model for its fighting games since it’s inception and it works. Crank out a good base game and then sell more characters for it in a new package.

For years, people have been complaining that Capcom killed Marvel v Capcom. Now, it’s getting the regular series treatment and everyone in this thread is all up in arms because they didn’t see this coming.

The one plausible defense the haters have is that these characters could be offered as DLC. DLC simply wasn’t possible in the olden days. However, the price tag Capcom wants to put on a character (around $4) wouldn’t look that good in a market where you can purchase an entire game for $8. The solution is simple: just release the new game, let the enthusiasts buy them up and then everyone else will sit there and soak up the used copies four months later (30 bucks, guaranteed).

Oh… wait…

9. Stephany Nunneley

Right. All videos and screens are now added. Now, my bandwidth can get back to normal.:D

10. Suikoden Fan

@8 i saw it coming but that doesnt make it right and i’ve been calling capcom foul for ages, mzinly i cared about breath of fire, and onimusha though but when i see this it pisses me off

11. The_Red

Once again Capcom releases a fighting game with limited to no features and then 6 months later announces a Super / Ultimate / Arcade / Alpha edition with the useful features that should have been in the original.

In this case, even the chosen characters of original MvC3 were stupid and a lot of essential ones were missing.

12. dvcy21

We’re in a new generation. Street Fighter 2 and 3 couldn’t be patched. MvC3 can be. Look at Arc System Works. Released Continuum Shift and then an updated arcade version called Continuum Shift II. But instead of releasing that as a new console title, they just patched it into the original. It’s far more fair and a better system, and they’re not as big as Capcom at all.

On top of that, they’ve never done this with a “VS” title before. So I’m kind of peeved about it.

Just boils down to Capcom being a business and they certainly do that best.

13. Stephany Nunneley

Apparently, the fill list of new characters has leaked – already. Links and list has been added.

14. lexph3re

@8 People choosing not to play anymore doesn’t mean their “haters”. It means they have realized capcom games hold 0 value of their dollar. I know I can’t knowingly support this anymore. It would only make me irresponsible with my funds since i’ve already invested so much into capcoms franchises this gen

15. Nozz

My patience has been rewarded.

16. xino

assholes like you are the lower ones over the internet with bad ego.
    if you can be calling everyone here “kids” you are the inferior person right here online not us.

go support Capcom and buy their bullsh* games

17. The_Red

Thanks for the screens.

Ghost Rider and Stryder were my most anticipated characters for original MvC3…
    And they didn’t include them along with many great characters and required features. Instead they chose to add 3 female fighters from DarkStalkers but no Elektra or Ms Marvel. No Daredevil or Nemesis.

18. Clupula

It’s not DLC, so I will not be riding this ride. Fuck you, Capcom. I spent $70 on the Special Edition of the BETA. I will not give you another penny of my money for this.

And that lineup? Rocket Raccoon?!? Really? With all the characters people requested, that is who you pick? There is very little about this title that ISN’T a slap in the face.