UC3 MP beta lands 1M players, new map and co-op incoming

Saturday, 9th July 2011 14:10 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Naughty Dog has said since the multiplayer beta for Uncharted 3 opened to the masses on Tuesday, it has garnered one million unique users, and the number is growing by the day.

The MP beta ends on July 14, so you only have a few more days to “hit the requirements,” the developer has laid down in order to receive active rewards for the retail version of the game.

These goodies are: a PSN Beta Tester Avatar, Treasure Hunter’s Starter Pack, in-game cash on day one and more.

Starting tomorrow, Naughty Dog will update the beta with the Yemen map and co-op.

Yesterday, the firm also patched the game by releasing update 1.04, which fixes issues with the Facebook friends list, and an issues with gaining XP and cash during the playback of some Cinema files.

Uncharted 3 is out November 1 and 2 in the US and UK, respectively.

1. Razor

How many of those one million will buy the game though?

2. Phoenixblight

If you are buying uncharted for the multiplayer then you are playing the wrong game.

3. Erthazus

@2 multiplayer for Naughty dog is very important in Uncharted 3.

4. Phoenixblight

It may be for them but its not for me. I have never bought Uncharted for the MP. Haven’t even touched it on the sequel so I won’t be bothering with this game.

5. SamaT

So you never tried it at all Phoenix? When Uncharted 2 first came out other developers were even complimenting on it and I agree with them.

6. Phoenixblight

No never tried it all. I don’t play MP games at least not with shooters and I don’t plan to start with Uncharted.

7. SamaT

Oh ok. Was actually ready to hear your opinion on it.

8. DeVitowned

I’ll be one of those million as I am quite an Uncharted fan. May even spring for the collector’s edition. I just hope they do something with the terrible Hunter mode. I hate how if the second team plants more treasures, there is no way to come back and win.

9. Lounds

I will be getting this game day one, I loved the beta, imo it’s improved alot since UC2, i think the game is more fun now and organised.

Single Player – Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

wins hands down, best single player game I’ve played in a long time.

10. lexph3re

I feel bad for anyone who would disregard their full moneys worth spent on this game and limit their experience to one side of the coin. I’m not to big into mp online games anymore but if i spend 40-60 bucks on a game better believe im going to get my full dollars worth.

I’m glad naughty dog is focusing on the multiplayer aspects of the game because they already not only nailed the single player experience they also set the benchmark for others. Thats why a of other mainstream titles took a lesson from them like ds2. If they keep the consistency of the gameplay in uncharted 3 like they did in 2 then this game will be one of the fewer titles this gen that actually warrant a 60dollar price point.

I will get this game day one because it’s complete fun in co-op im sure the single player will be just as compelling

11. Lounds

Don’t forget Split screen online!

12. TikiSadZombie

@8 It’s not impossible. Hard but it’s possible to comeback and win.

13. Len

What are the requirements to get the rewards then?

14. TikiSadZombie

Goal 1: Download the Beta
    Reward 1: Receive the exclusive UNCHARTED 3 PSN Beta Tester Avatar!
    Goal 2: Complete 10 matches in every mode of Competitive Multiplayer
    Reward 2: Receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 1!
    Goal 3: Complete 5 matches in every mode of Cooperative Multiplayer
    Reward 3: Receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 2!
    Goal 4: Complete 4 Treasure Sets
    Reward 4: Recieve the Treasure Hunter’s Starter Pack!
    Goal 5: Rank up to level 25 in the Beta
    Reward 5: Receive a handsome reward of in-game cash on day one!

15. Gekidami

ND have added all of the previous modes in now, plus the Yemen MP map and Co-Op Adventure mode.

16. Lounds

I’m loving the beta, but there needs to be more guns, I haven’t seen any other pistols etc, needs to be more weapon boosters aswell.