Soderlund hints at new Mirror’s Edge-related project

Wednesday, 6th July 2011 15:04 GMT By Johnny Cullen

EA Games Europe VP Patrick Soderlund has reiterated that the company has not given up on Mirror’s Edge, but also hinted its also back at work on something related to the IP.

“I loved Mirror’s Edge and what we did with Mirror’s Edge,” Soderlund told GameStar.

“We have not abandoned the franchise. And we are working on something – but I’m not willing to talk more about that.”

It was reported earlier this year that Mirror’s Edge 2 – first confirmed by Soderlund at E3 two years ago – was put on hold.

At this year’s E3, EA Games president Frank Gibeau hinted at the next ME game using the Frostbite 2 engine.

1. Maximum Payne

Well Dice must doing something after BF3 and keeping busy Frostbyte 2 :)

2. StolenGlory

They are already doing something after BF3 though.

Patching it.

3. DSB

ZING!

4. Bluebird

Hah :)

I would love to see a new Mirror’s Edge.

5. Edo

Make it happen!!!

6. badboy_122

would love to see that happen ..loved the first game

7. Hybridpsycho

Would love to see what kind of changes they’d do and how they would improve everything that wasn’t good enough from the first game. :)

Defo looking forward to anything related to this.

8. Lewis247

Seen a lot on the internet people taking a disliking to the first. In my eyes it is genuinely one of the best games I have ever played! Just a brilliant game, the graphics were absolutely superb and the game play was top notch.

I just hope they are doing the fully blown ME 2 and not some other smaller project. I think for ME to prove itself as a big franchise I think a massive campaign, well thought out story would be perfect. They can keep the gameplay from the first one because I really loved it, the lack of fire fights was brilliant and led to us facing realistic amount of enemies in the game.

Really can’t speak highly enough of the series and can’t wait to see what’s next. :)

9. pukem0n

seems like you can practically do everything with the frostbyte engine

10. TD_Monstrous69

I loved Mirror’s Edge, and still think it’s one of the most imaginative games made this generation (if not a little sloppy in execution in certain aspects), and really hope this gets a sequel using FrostBite 2 (is it me, or does it seem like that’s going to become EA’s main engine for any game they make). Because the game looked amazing using the 1st FrostBite engine, I can only imagine what it’d look like using FrostBite 2.

11. Edo

#10 Actually,they used Unreal Engine not Frostbite,but yes,the game still looks great!

12. Gama_888

@11 i think he meant for ME2. But i didn’t know Me1 was done on Unreal :) nice to know.

I really liked Mirrors edge, Worked my ass off to get the no guns trophy.

13. TD_Monstrous69

@11 Really? I guessed I assumed a little too much, seeing as how DICE made the game, and the Frostbite engine’s there’s. Thought it would’ve been built on that, ah well. Still stand by my intial comment none the less, even if I’ve got a little egg on my face from it.