Battlefield 3: Physical Warfare Pack for GAME, GameStation

Monday, 23rd May 2011 09:08 GMT By Johnny Cullen

EA’s announced that Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack is available to pre-order at GAME and GameStation.

It’ll also feature weapons and items such as a Type 88 light machine gun with bipod, an SKS sniper rifle which will give stealth abilities for recon soldiers, and “lethal armor-piercing flechette ammo” for the DAO-12 shotgun.

Day one access to the DAO will also be given.

The Physical Warfare Pack will be available for no extra charge for those who pre-order the Limited Edition of the shooter.

The retailer’s PR head, Neil Ashurst, is a happy bunny about the deal.

“The buzz around Battlefield 3 is already incredible and we know that our customers are excited about what they’ve seen so far,@ he said.

“This exclusive offers more to Battlefield fans that ever offered before and we know that fans won’t be disappointed with it! We are delighted to offer this UK exclusive to all of our customers, creating an even better gaming experience.”

Battlefield 3 launches this fall for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Maximum Payne

”SKS sniper rifle which will give stealth abilities for recon soldiers”
    Hmm…care to explain Dice ? :)

2. STEGUINO

up for preordered for a £1 cheaper on Shopto as well

3. minxamo

I hate stuff like this.
    I don’t want to get the game and already be behind everyone who bought this.

4. noherczeg

#2

And it’s even cheaper at zavvi :P

#3 Than pre-order it?

5. Erthazus

someone preordering this game for 360? Jeebus.

6. Ostymandias

“The pack will feature the Back to Kirkland pack”

Is this a bad joke? Last time I checked, it was Karkand. Unless the reimagining of BF2s premier ‘nade spamming map has been relocated to the state of Washington.

7. AHA-Lambda

well i’m getting this from steam so i guess i’ll just have to miss out =/

8. NeoSquall

@1 From GAME:

Battlefield 3: Physical Warfare Pack includes:

+ EXCLUSIVE-Type 88 LMB with bipod
    + EXCLUSIVE-Flechette Ammo for DAO-12 shotgun
    + EXCLUSIVE-flash suppressor for SKS sniper rifle
    + DAY 1 ACCESS- DAO-12 Shotgun

Guess the “stealth abilities” are given by the flash suppressor, lol :D

@6 ahahahahahha, oh Johnny…

9. NeoSquall

@8 Moreover from the PR:

“the SKS sniper rifle flash suppressor that provides increased stealth abilities for Recon soldiers”
    oh, Johnny…

10. freedoms_stain

competitive advantages shouldn’t be pre-order bonuses…

11. OrbitMonkey

It’s not so bad if EVERYONE has a chance to get these weapons/ammo EVENTUALLY. It’s a crock of shit if they remain exclusive FOREVER :/

Say what you like about COD, but at least Acti never pulled this cheap shit.

@5 To right mate, 360 version will be shite, i’ll be getting the *definitive* version when I pick this up for the Ps3… /joke :D

12. OlderGamer

This type of thing really hurts the smaller privatly owned game stores too. No way they can compete or attract enough attention/sales to warrent this type of colaberation.

I have the same problem with NCAA Football 12, Walmart offers the best preorder perks. I hate Walmart, and their online shipping has been suspect in the past. But if I want to free dlc preorder bunus, I have to buy from them.

Also I bet this Warfare pack will be day one DLC. And that, I think, I hate even more then preorder bonuses.

I am imagining a VERY DLC heavy BF3. Prolly the worse BF games(DLCwise) yet. I just bought BFBC2 for my sons Bday. I got ultimate edition, it includes some DLC(only when new of course), but their is still much DLC to pick up to get him caught up.

DLC really sucks in most cases. Really hurts not only second hand games, but also bargin bin games. When the 20usd game has 60usd DLC, it really scares me away from wanting to pick the game to begin with, used or new.

Really miss the old days when all of the game was included in the box at the time of purchase. No Day one DLC. No preorder bonuses.

13. deadstoned

Looks like a very nice incentive to buy new rather than Pre-owned. EA seems to have a good chance on reducing the size of the used market for Battlefield 3.

14. Schindet Nemo

Does anyone know if they’ll release the limited edition via Steam?

15. Phoenixblight

Well if games weren’t so expensive to make companies wouldn’t look to do it and if people were really offended by it they wouldn’t buy the games but they don’t so it becomes the norm. Don’t whine and complain about and on the same day go and shell out for it. Businesses and industries only understand one thing, money, if they don’t get paid they have to find another avenue.

People aren’t really offended by the DLC or companies wouldn’t do it.

16. NeoSquall

@11 Guess this stuff will eventually become DLC later.
    Paid DLC, which is a shame because you can get it all for free by preordering the game.

Of course I’m talking about the PC version.

17. OlderGamer

Not really Dead. Second hand games come from people turning in games they don’t want anymore. Not from preorder bonuses or lack there of. If they wanted to take a chunk out of the second market, they should reduce the price of the game. And/or give you 100% free DLC for as long as the game is supported for anyone that buys the game new. Just extend the VIP idea.

If you buy new, you get all future DLC for free. Period. That way you wouldn’t want to buy second hand, and would be more likly to keep your copy to bigen with. However the industy loves money, and they can get the most buy selling preorder bonuses to big retail chains for big name games. And they can get more cash from us with DLC codes/unlocks.

Its going to get to a point where I am going to buy about three games a year and thats it. I have already draticly changed how I shop and what I buy. I have hundreds of PS2/Xbox/GC games on my shelves. Same for retro systems from every generation. ‘Cept this one. I have a ton of Steam games. Lots of “Arcade/indie” type games. A couple PS3/Wii games, and a very small collection of xb360games. I have rented this gen far more then I ever have in the past.

I just preordered that football game, after DLC I expect it to cost me close to 110usd. Its the first football game I have bought new in years. Only reason i am going new is because EA is retiring older sports games servers – so no online play. So my family are all going to get the new game this year.

But I wouldn’t use the word incentive when talking about preorder bonuses. its much more sinister then that.

18. Yoshi

@11 Nah Acti only pulled the price up and gave no support after launch except for high priced DLC :) lololol

This will most likely be the same as BFBC2 where you could get the guns when you rank up anyways. Plus people need to stop complaining about if the Back to Karkand will be paid DLC after launch, if you were seriously bothered about playing it you would pre-order.

19. deadstoned

@14 I’m sure they’ll release the limited edition through Steam, they did with Medal of Honor’s limited edition. But they’ll probably release it when theres only 1-2months before release so they can squeeze all the money from their EA store as possible. Or they may release it on Steam earlier in attempt to destroy Modern Warfare 3′s selling on Steam. If they don’t release the limited Edition on Steam they’d get a lot of people yelling at them. So I expect they will :)

20. xino

“The pack will feature the Back to Karkand maps, which will consist of four fan-favorite levels from previous installments.”

does that include Backstab?

21. noherczeg

#10

If someone wants to play any game competitively he/she will preorder it no matter what. You need to start right at the beggining, you have to have everything from the start to not walk behind others imho.

If i would be living in the UK i would never think of buying anything via Steam. It ridiculously cheaper to buy anything from retailers like the few mentioned above. Also the game is at your door at release time too.

/ON

22. deadstoned

@21 All games are cheaper for PC off Amazon/Play etc, with the exception when Steam has sale then they’re usually cheapest. But being able to download my games anywhere and without disks is too handy. But I’ll still usually pick-up disks if the game uses steamworks because the disk will be cheaper. Like with Portal 2 recently I got it from Amazon for £26 I think.

23. Crab of Thunder

@18 Yeah i was gonna say lol, activision has disgustingly priced DLC, i mean £10.99 for 4 average to low quality maps and a zombie map which charm wears off after a few goes? Nty. :P