First Portal 2 DLC due this summer, says Valve

Thursday, 28th April 2011 01:31 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Jonesing for more Portal 2? Valve has said the puzzler will see its first downloadable content over the next few months.

Speaking to Fast Company, Doug Lombardi said more details would drop over the coming weeks.

“We will be announcing some DLC for it, so folks can keep a look out for more content coming this [northern] summer. We’ll be putting more details out about that in a week or so,” he said.

Additionally, we’ll see more cross-media and promotional activities.

“We’ll support that with more videos or more comics,” Lombardi added.

Portal 2 released recently for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Thanks, Big Download.

1. ValveLover

Co-op or sp?
    My guess is co-op. Unless Valve created the Portal 2 item store as a joke?

Cave Johnson on the Portal 2 item store: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldPSITyKlaw&wl_token=mkwHi1fOXajcsADCc09hJfLLEd58MTMwNDAwNjA2NUAxMzAzOTE5NjY1&wl_id=ldPSITyKlaw

2. chriswhaaat

please be co-op I need me some more co-op levels

3. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@1, that clip is hysterical! lmao

4. Lounds

Do you remember when Valve used to give free DLC well not anymore :(

5. dtyk

They still do, on PC anyways. All the TF2 shop items can be obtained free. Portal though i have no idea

6. xxJPRACERxx

@4: All Valve DLCs are free on PC.

7. Hunam

@5 Not all, but 95% can be gotten by other means in the game. The Portal 2 shop was a bit of a joke though as a lot of that stuff can be obtained via doing achievements yet the game never seemed to mention this which is a bit cheeky.

8. Lounds

@5,6

I am aware of this as I am a regular steam user, but since valve has buddied up with sony to help there user base grow more, I think theres a chance valve will charge for upcomming DLC for portal 2.

I bought portal 2 for ps3 so I could have split-screen co-op on my tv and enjoy Single player in full hd on my pc, but seeing as Sony fail at life, i’ve got to wait before I can “link” my steam account and psn.