Diablo III “on the home stretch,” says Blizzard

Thursday, 28th April 2011 14:06 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Diablo III director Jay Wilson has said the title is finally approaching “the home stretch.”

Wilson wouldn’t drop a hint of a release date to the New York Times, but said it was entering crunch mode.

“We’re definitely in the home stretch. We’re crunching. This is when the magic happens,” he said.

Activision said in its Q4 financial call back in February that its 2011 outlook did not forsee a single Blizzard title, but company VP Rob Pardo said it was still hopeful for a launch this year.

1. Maximum Payne

So 2013 then :P

2. frosteternal

=D =D =D =D =D =D =D

@1 I see what you did there… Hopefully Noes! I wan’t it now :’(

3. mojo

at least its not valve time…

4. Edo

Waiting…

5. Erthazus

@3, yeah like almost 6-7 years in development. Not valve, of course.

6. ManuOtaku

#5 6-7 years in development, darn it they are making the game diablo 3 or 3 diablo games?
    P.S i never did played a diablo game before i was never into computer gaming, but if this is in the same vein as torchlight, like some gamers tend to compare, i will be hoping for a console release really hard

7. Phoenixblight

THey were hiring for Console related people for the series so yes I think there will be a console version. Probably their big announcement at Blizcon.

8. jldoom

@6 The Diablo series is/was great, back in the day. Now it’s all full of people rushing their characters to high levels and duping items. Some of my best PC gaming experiences are from Diablo 2/Counter-Strike hehe.

I’m definitely looking forward to this one though! I’m hoping my custom PC will be up and running by the time this releases. Err I should say I’m hoping my PC won’t be outdated by the time they release this to be able to run it lol. Hoping for early 2012 release!

9. HauntaVirus

Sweet, this may be the one and only game I’ll have to buy at the midnight launch.