Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning gets its first gameplay trailer

Tuesday, 12th April 2011 21:12 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

EA and 38 Studios have released a gameplay trailer for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Reckoning is currently in the works from big names like Todd McFarlane, R.A. Salvatore, and Ken Rolston and is a fantasy action-RPG slated for PC< PS3, Xbox 360 in 2012.

Watch the trailer below courtesy of Gamefront.

1. AHA-Lambda

meh

2. onlineatron

Still waiting for the announcement of the other Kingdoms of Amalur game that is supposedly coming out BEFORE this.

3. onlineatron

All the previews have been pretty darn positive so far, and their are a ton of ex-Bethesda working on it. So I wouldn’t dismiss the game so readily.

4. AHA-Lambda

@3 – I’m not saying it’ll be bad it just didnt grab my interest from that trailer is all

5. onlineatron

Fair enough.

6. Aimless

I pretty much forget this game’s name by the time I’ve finished reading it. They could do with something a bit more catchy.

7. UuBuU

Looks a little less gaudy in motion than the screenshots previously released suggested. I’m still not so keen on the artwork though. Visually it makes me think of a gaudier fable with a few hints of world of warcraft mixed in… and in terms of gameplay, they’re not really showing a lot beyond combat, which really doesn’t interest me much.

8. Bloodyghost

The only con I have heard about this game is the lack of people in the villages. Thats because the game is barely in Alpha Code too.

I have heard STUNNING remarks. Even the combat has been praised as something like God of War without ripping it off.

9. Edo

#8 Game definitely looks stunning,there’s a 20 minute gameplay on You Tube and despite the fact that it is not high quality footage,you can definitely see how beautiful or should I say magical Amalur looks like,there’s also stuff about character customization and plenty more:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC03bufEwBY

10. YoungZer0

I actually think it’s too colourful.

11. mathare92

“and is a fantasy action-RPG slated for PC< PS3, Xbox 360 in 2012.”

*gasp* Quick! Change it before Erthazus gets here! :D

12. Blerk

That looks kind of interesting. Almost like Fable 2 and God of War had a baby.