Rumour: Two Kojima Productions announcements for E3

Wednesday, 23rd March 2011 01:41 GMT By Brenna Hillier

According to PS3 Center, the latest issue of PSM3 reports the following rumour:

“MGS maestro Hideo Kojima’s got some big announcements for E3 in June: one a quasi-logical step for an existing game, the other… well, we’d be shocked if MGS5 wasn’t on the table at some stage. Or under it. In a box.”

Kojima Production’s known current projects include Metal Gear Solid: Rising; Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater for 3DS; a potential NGP Metal Gear game, and a mysterious “devil project“.

The company has taken on staff for “next generation” Metal Gear projects.

Thanks, Destructoid.

1. pukem0n

this reads as if activision bought mgs and is milking the franchise ^^

“Kojima Production’s known current projects include Metal Gear Solid: Rising; Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater for 3DS; a potential NGP Metal Gear game”

2. osric90

MGS: Rising and MGS: HD Essentials for PS3.

3. Rosseu

@1 true :D

Though MGS is one franchise I’m always psyched about. It’s a shame they had to end snake’s story too soon. Again, this is just me, I don’t care if anyone else hates the huge storyline/long cutscenes of MGS.

4. xino

I wonder what this Satanic project he wants to announce:/

5. triggerhappy686

OK OK, heres what I want:

MGS 1,2,3 in HD, supporting widescreen and a fully movable three dimensional camera on one blu ray.

MGS Peace Walker for PS3 on PSN.

6. OrbitMonkey

“MGS HD Triology to be multi-format” *internet explodes*

7. Kaufer

I say one of those being a PS3 version of Peace Walker very likely. Kojima’s been teasing that since Peace Walker was announced.

8. Dralen

Well I’m pretty sure one of those announcements is the Metal Gear Solid HD trilogy. I wonder what the other project is? Oh God! I hope it’s MGS5!!

9. Rosseu

If he ports or remakes peace walker in ps3 then I’m all for it!

10. HighWindXIX

Please let it be MGS HD Collection. Please. MGS 1-3 with full HD graphics, trophies, and the same control set up as MGS4? Nothing could be better!

11. mojo

what #5 said

man MGS 1-3 HD Collection wpuld be super massive amazing shit!
    and peace walker, yes, i want!! on big screen!!
    gimme gimme!
    or bundled together for full retail price. day one.

12. Blerk

Wouldn’t it be great if he did, like, something else? Entirely different? No?

13. mojo

well actualy im up for it. as long as he also does mgs and quality doesnt drop :D. from what ive heard of peace walker thats not the case.
    i know where u come from, but man, its MGS!

14. Kerplunk

@6 MGS 1 and MGS 2 were already multiplatform. MGS3 should be enjoyed by as many folk as possible. Can’t wait to spend 5 mins climbing a ladder in glorious HD!!!111oneone

15. Schindet Nemo

A MGS:HD collection would be awesome but too predictable. For some reason I expect a Zone of the Enders 3 announcement.

16. Suikoden Fan

zone of the Enders 3 :P

17. Erthazus

I want everything that is from Kojima. More news from him is better, even if they are absolutely stupid rumors :D

18. osric90

Dudes, anyone going to the E3 patio? I mean, to the outsides of it? Tell me if you are so we can meet there and express our fanboyism for Kojima and try to get a picture with him while he’s getting in! With him or anyone we know and like!

19. Kuwabara

i just finished peace walker, and the end pretty much confirms a sequel. I’m hoping the next game of big boss will be announced, and ofcourse mgs5.

20. triggerhappy686

I fu**ing love Big Boss LMAO. I really hope his story continues, I was quite dissapointed to find Peace Walker was a portable affair only, hopefully it won’t stay this way forever ;)