EA calls Mirror’s Edge “an important franchise,” refuses to clarify Mirror’s Edge 2 dev status

Friday, 18th February 2011 05:20 GMT By Nathan Grayson

Is Mirror’s Edge 2 six feet under? Or does it still parkour amongst the living?

Unfortunately, EA’s keeping us in the dark for now. However, some recent words from the publisher at least offer some comfort.

Speaking with 1UP, an EA rep called Mirror’s Edge “an important franchise” and noted that DICE is deep in the development trenches of Battlefield 3. The rep added, however, that EA currently has “nothing further to announce.”

Still though, you don’t generally give an “important franchise” an unceremonious backyard burial. Odds are, then, that Mirror’s Edge isn’t gone for good – although things aren’t looking so great for Mirror’s Edge 2.

Fingers crossed that we hear more soon. They say that no news is good news, but with this, we’re not so sure.

1. back_up

may be after BF3 dice will work on Mirror edge 2
    i love to play different types games

2. DEADEYES

Sure they will, dude! Don’t say any “pirate” again, ok? :)

3. Dralen

@1 OMG!!! An actual non-troll comment.

4. Ercarret

I believe that it’s a good sign that EA and DICE are so unwilling to just say that they aren’t working on it. I mean, they could say that they tried to find a solution but failed (which I think is the case), and therefor moved on to different things. No one would blame them; but they’re not saying that, instead being all shady and sneaky about it. My guess is that there will continue to be a small team working on finding a better solution for ME2 after BF3.

5. russdude13

I really want to see a sequal to Mirrors Edge. I enjoyed the first one so much. I completed it four times and I have the platinum trophy for it. I just hope that it will be worth the wait. I trust DICE has its priorities right, focusing Battlefield 3.

6. freedoms_stain

I’d love to see a Mirror’s Edge sequel, but what I want to see even more is some of the Mirror’s Edge gameplay mechanisms make it into other games.

I want to smoothly vault low fences, walls, sand bags and out windows in Battlefield dammit!