Bulletstorm will make your PC “weep if you play it in 3D, full screen, full resolution,” says Capps

Thursday, 17th February 2011 21:45 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Mike Capps, president of Epic Games has told Kotaku that Bulletstorm for PC will make the system “weep if you play it in 3D, full screen, full resolution.”

According to Capps, the game is “gorgeous,” and he is “really proud of it.”

When asked what he thought of comparisons between Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem Forever, he said they are both great because there seems to be “a little too much serious in games,” now and days.

“They are both over the top shooters,” he said. “It’s funny, before Duke came back to life and Randy (Pitchford) and his guys were able to make it work, we were sort of thinking of Bulletstorm as somewhat of a spiritual successor.

“But it’s a very different game, it is much more story-based, there are no pig aliens or whatever. No John St. John. We were really glad when they were no longer shipping right on top of us, because I think there is a similar segment that is going to want to play both of those games. It’s a fun, pure, have-a-blast shooter game, which I think we need more of right now.

“There’s a little too much serious in games.”

Bulletstorm releases next week on Tuesday in the US and Friday in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.

Check out the latest trailer for the game below, thanks to Prof. Dr.Moertel.

1. Erthazus

Yes. It does look amazing. Day one for me.

2. Erthazus

Please, someone tell me what the music is playing in the trailer? It’s F.. amazing.

3. Erthazus

P.O.D. – Boom

4. DSB

Christian rock. It was super popular back in the late 90′s. You’ll love it man.

Stay away from amazing rock n rollers like Mark Lanegan from the RAGE trailer. It’s just too much awesome for you to handle.

Praise duh luurd!

Trollface and what not :D

5. razvan2you

Better than Crysis 2 for sure……

6. KBST

Yaaaay, P.O.D. + a bunch of curse words. Awesome, dawg! Will CliffyB ever grow up? This trailer was clearly made for people who are not allowed to buy a beer.

7. TraceableX

This game is MEH

8. Shubb9

I tried playing them demo but the voice over for the tutorial just made me switch it off. An 18 rated game for 13 year olds? Way to respect your audience.

9. GwynbleiddiuM

Since I hate CliffyB, I first try the demo the I will decide if I want this or not. I hate how epic makes video games these days. Eye candy + shit load of action + mouths crap-full of curse…

10. TheWulf

Wait… wait…

It will “make your PC weep?”

Isn’t that just PR talk for “Hey guys, this is a shoddy console port that we didn’t put any amount of time into optimising at all, so it’s going to run like shit. Grand Theft Auto IV all over again, eh? Yes it is! Oh and you’ll probably experience show-stopping bugs, CTDs, and poor pings in multiplayer. It’s going to be one hellish ride, guys! And boy oh boy do we hope you enjoy it!”

Yeeeeeahhhh…

That, plus the lack of a demo is causing all sorts of alarm bells to sound in my mind.

No thanks, Epic/PMF. Avoiding this like the plague.

11. bpcgos