Sat, Feb 12, 2011 | 21:48 GMT
Saturday Shorts: Nokia loves Microsoft, Lieberman and Slash speak, SWTOR, Duke, She-Hulk
It’s Saturday. Likely, you are enjoying eggs at the kitchen table while still in your undercrackers. As the wife yells at you for the fifth time to get dressed, continue to ignore her, and read up on smaller news stuff instead. We’ll be your character witness when you land in divorce court.
- Dr. Carole Lieberman said her comments in Fox News’ Bulletstorm article were “taken out of context and made to sound more inflammatory than they were meant.”
- At the DICE summit, NPD’s Anita Frazier said new technology is driving growth in the game market, but it’s not enough to excite customers.
- Episode 3 for The Silver Lining has been delayed to February 17.
- Nokia and Microsoft have entered into a strategic alliance on Windows Phone, Bing, Xbox Live and Office.
- A World of Tanks tutorial video has been released. Watch it here.
- Dungeon and Dragons Online turns five at the end of the month. Expect some celebrations.
- There’s a new book out which is a guide to helping developers get into the game industry.
- A CG trailer for Shogun: Total War has been released. Have a watch.
- Croteam announced that Serious Sam 3: BFE will be coming this summer.
- New shots of Double Bear’s zombie survival RPG Dead State are over on Gamespot.
- There’s a Star Trek Online Cloaked Intentions video you can watch here.
- Slash has voiced his opinion on the death of Guitar Hero: “It was inevitable. Sales declined after the success of GH3. It was too costly to produce the game as a result.” He should get a job as an analyst.
- You may have seen these shot of NGP games before but take a look again: Little Deviants, Resistance, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet.
- A couple of the Capcom Unity folks have posted a video of them playing MvC3 with a Guitar Hero controller.
- Gearbox has said Duke Nukem Forever will contain about 16-17 hours worth of gameplay.
- The SWTOR website has been updated with a timeline video which hints around at the Sith Emperor’s identity.
- DC Comics has released the first issue of the comic book series based on the DC Universe Online MMO.
- Atari has said it is aware of online connection issues with Test Drive Unlimited 2 and the team is working on a fix.
- Check out She-Hulk and the Ace Attorney team in this MvC3 video. Warning. There’s a spoiler.