Dark Souls players will “be frustrated”; more screens

Thursday, 3rd February 2011 00:29 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Dark Souls producer Daisuke Uchiyama has said he wants players to “scream, yell and be frustrated” by the follow up to the notoriously hardcore Demon’s Souls. But check out these screens, and tell me it’s not worth it.

Speaking at a Namco Bandai event in San Francisco last night, as reported by CVG, Uchiyama said Dark Souls (formerly Project Dark) will deliver “a better, more difficult experience” than its precursor.

What does that mean? That the game “will send shivers down your spine” and, From Software hopes, result in “millions of deaths”.

No complaints here. Gamespot posted a handful of screens in addition to an earlier batch and trailer; see them below.

1. Nozz

As long as it doesn’t feel cheap and still has the feel of it being your own fault when you die. No complaints here either!

2. Hybridpsycho

Even harder lol? This is gonna be so awesome.

3. Rosseu

I agree, when I started demon’s souls, I died 1 minute later on the first stage. This is gonna be really good :)

Please don’t pk me in the middle of a pain in the ass stage lol

4. HighWindXIX

Harder than Demon’s Souls?! Fuck. I’m still gonna get it cause dear lord was Demon’s Souls an addicting game but I don’t want to have to buy an endless supply of controllers to replace the ones I’ll throw at the wall in frustration. Hmmm. Oh well, it’ll be worth it.

5. dragonsight

for me in demon’s souls, the hardest most dangerous thing was not the boss battles or enemies, it was the falling that was the most frustrating thing. it almost reminds me of the old castlevania days on nes.

6. back_up

wow it’s going to be awesome

7. xino

hmmm….

thinking about this.
    A lot of people blamed Sony for not advertising Demon Souls 1 properly and it didn’t make quite a impact on how it’s meant to.

Seriously who will buy hard games? I will and so will other gamers, but majority won’t because they want easy games!

Namco Bandia will be publishing this, let’s hope they are prepared for the estimated sales!