Kazunori “doesn’t know” if GT6 will hit PS3

Thursday, 25th November 2010 09:46 GMT By Johnny Cullen

gt59

GT6 on PS4 confirmed. Possibly. Maybe.

Polyphony boss Kazunori Yamauchi has told EG he “doesn’t” know if Gran Turismo 6 will appear on PS3.

“Ten years ago it was easier to predict what would happen three years in the future,” Yamauchi said at GT5′s launch party in Madrid last night.

“Nowadays no-one knows what happens in the future. In three years, we don’t know what will happen.”

Development on GT6 has already begun, according to previous comments.

Kazunori pledged at the event last night GT5 would beĀ ”upgrading every week, every month” to improve and update the game.

The first update coming will be to fix the racer’s online infrastructure, which caused some problems overnight.

“Online updates are planned of course for leaderboards and matchmaking – [they're] all planned in the process of evolution,” said Yamauchi.

Kazunori promised that the release of GT5 was “only the beginning of a new era for Gran Turismo.”

GT5′s out now. Duh.

1. chronoss2

Beginning of a new era ? I wonder what he means ::)

2. typeface

I guess this pretty much means that instead of yearly/bi-yearly updates they probably have the infrastructure ready to just keep updating the game via online updates and the like (till the next console launch).
    That’s a good thing.

3. Harry

Well one thing’s for sure, GT5 needs a lot of updates.

4. G1GAHURTZ

GT6 (Or what GT5 was supposed to be) will probably be out within the next two years, I reckon.

All they need to do is update the cars and add a few new modes.

5. Erthazus

I give it two years.

They just need a butt load of engineers that will implement a lot of physic engines and things that are used in modern Racing games.
    Thats what i want in new GT6.

currently i’m enjoying GT5 a lot, but i miss a lot of basic functions and physic engines.

6. cookiejar

I’m glad its going to be constantly updated. Honestly, its big enough and good enough to just be added to over time.

But for people that aren’t online, I can totally see disc based expansions :D

7. Kuwabara

i wonder who will have a garage of all 200 premium cars. Fucking stupid reviewers going ape shit because the other cars aren’t like the premiums…

8. Psychotext

I’ll collect all 200 easily. Hell, I know people who had full GT4 and GTPSP garages.

9. dylanspronck

I think it’ll still be on the PS3. They had to develop a brand new engine for Gran Turismo 5, that’s why is took them so long to release GT4. And I think that Polyphony will realease DLC for GT5 somewhere in the future.

10. theevilaires

If thats the case G1GA then they need to make it like a MGS sub edition not a full number upgrade. GT6 needs to be a launch window PS4 game coming out latest the next holiday season after the release of PS4.

11. Catkiller

Of course it wont be on PS3. It will hit PS4 6 yrs just after its launch… God bless 2020!!!