Demon’s Souls finished in under an hour – video

Tuesday, 19th October 2010 09:52 GMT By Johnny Cullen

demon'ssouls

If you can finish Demon’s Souls in under an hour, you are not human. Someone did, anyways.

A Japanese man, known as alternalw, apparently finished the From Software RPG in 54 minutes and 54 seconds,

The proof is in the guy’s playthrough on YouTube. Watch it all here (via Kotaku). Beware for spoilers and all that.

Demon’s Souls is known to be a proper bastard in terms of difficulty.

The game released this summer on PS3 from Namco Bandai, following much demand following its previous US release from Atlus and Japanese publication by Sony.

1. Razor

Holy moses

2. AHA-Lambda

holy jesus CHRIST!!

3. Gekidami

Thats the thing with Demons Souls; The game is rock hard if you use normal weapons, but piss easy if you spam magic.

4. DonnerKebab

Holy Muhammad!!

@3 *starts again*

5. mescalineeyes

I feel emasculated.

6. Dralen

Kudos to him!! That is fooking insane!

7. 2plus2equals5

I was curious about this game, but after these videos i’m no more.
    How is it possible to beat a rpg avoiding every encounter? How is it possible to survive and to level up?
    The rpg i loved the most is might & magic VI, in that game i think is impossible to make the same thing.
    So thanks to the guy that made me save money.
    PS:
    i want a new m&m :(
    PPS:
    One of my greatest regrets(in gaming) is to have never finished m&m6 :(
    Only today i have discovered that in m&m6 are present alien blaster rifles and guns! :O

8. orakaa

Don’t get me wrong, this is indeed a performance (just like for every speedrun of any game), but it is NOT AS IMPRESSIVE as people could believe.

The thing is, the more you play Demon’s Souls, the easier it gets, because of practice, but also because of the spells, equipment and stats you raise (when you finish the game, you can do a New Game + and keep your character progression).

My first playthrough (hand to hand warrior) was about 20 hours (I just took my time, no rushing and enjoyed the game), but as I kept playing, I started to want to finish the game at 100% (so far, the only PS3 game for which I got all trophies), and complete the game many times just to get some ore that couldn’t be looted.

It is VERY easy to finish the game, without rushing, in about 2 to 3 hours when you have the correct stuff/equipment (especially if you go full magic : all enemies would die in a single shot as I advanced, even on NG ++++++, as I maxed out my magic stat in priority).

9. G-Sama

Muslims don’t worship muhammad!!!

It’s quite easy to beat a game in 1 day,but 1 hour!!!you’ve got to be kiding me!!
    Holy!!And i was happy when i finished dmc4 in 2 hours :D

10. 2plus2equals5

@8:”(when you finish the game, you can do a New Game + and keep your character progression)”
    This explains everything. Everyone are good to beat a rpg starting with a super character!
    For me this video is a complete fail!

11. Kuwabara

i’m so happy i got platinum for this game. I bought the game last year but gave up in frustration, after dying so many times and losing the souls i had spend ages getting. I was cursing at the screen and screaming at the mother fkers for being so unrelenting, to me the game being that hard was a bad execution. Around 5 months ago i decided to give the game another go. Sure the world tendency was not black, but i opened my eyes and explored other less hard areas and quickly built my character up. Within a month i had fininshed the game four times and at the end was praising the game so much. This is the only game ive played besides shadow of the colossus and kz2 where i feel i was in another world. The atmosphere in the game is amazing. Th best rpg ever!

12. Dralen

If it’s so easy why don’t you all go do it!?

13. Psychotext

What were the tendencies when he started? Because on anything neutral up to white my final character would decimate any enemy who came up against him.

14. orakaa

@10 : well, every time you start the game again, the difficulty increases as well: around 45% for New Game +, and then “only” 8% each additional time.

But if you plan well your progression, it means the game gets easier and easier each time, until a certain point (when you complete the game over 30 times, then it becomes REALLY impossible to play, as the enemies are incredibly resistant).

With 3 or 4 playthroughs, you can get all equipment and all spells you need. With my magician, this was the best part of the game, as I really felt god-like and was rushing through the levels to get the items I needed and still completing the game in a couple of hours… but even being very powerful don’t prevent you from being slained like sh** if you’re not careful (and even the weakest foe can easily kill you if you don’t proceed properly).

15. Psychotext

I found the environment more dangerous than the enemies in my last runs. Well, except for black phantom trolls. They were pretty scary. :D

16. klewd

what spell is that he’s using? how can he kill the flying boss in 3-4 spells?

17. Psychotext

For the blind guy he’s using Homing Soul Arrow, fully upgraded.

On the Manta he’s using Soul Ray with the Clever Rat’s Ring (+50% attack power at sub 30% health)

He has other items on which increase magic damage, but I can’t remember what they are just by looking at them.

18. orakaa

@ 16: the spell he’s using is the Soul Ray (obtained by killing the “fake idol” boss in World 3-1, if I’m correct, and converting her soul to a magic spell). Very useful spell for multiple use : it has piercing damage (if your enemies are in line, it will touch all of them), and a small homing effect, following your target on a very short distance (contrary to the fireball who is even more powerful, but shoots straight).

As for how he can kill the boss in only 3 shots, it is because he has pushed his MAGIC stat to a high level, increasing tremendously the magic damage of his spells (at around 60 in magic, if I remember correctly, it took me only 2 Fireballs to kill the giant Iron Knight boss in world 1-2).
    With a MAGIC level of 40-50, it only takes 4 shots to kill the flying boss with Soul Arrow, and even less if you use some Magic buffing items (such as the Clever Rat Ring, or the Kris Blade he holds on his left hand)

19. 2plus2equals5

@14:thanks for the explanation ;)

20. Rosseu

I had fun playing the early months of DS when most people didn’t know magic can 1 hit kill other players/monsters :D

21. orakaa

@20 : “Anti-magic field” miracle is your friend… I have seen so MANY magician-built players come to me and… find out they couldn’t do anything, as they purely relied on magic (did that a lot with my first character, warrior, and my meat cleaver).

I even use this with my main character (magician), and then instantly switch to a shield… and my “Moon Estoc +5″, with an insane damage bonus based on my MAGIC stat : even high level melee-based characters get killed in two hits (and you can still hit while protecting behind your shield)