60% of ACII players haven’t completed game: Ubi

Tuesday, 19th October 2010 20:41 GMT By Justin Kranzl

assassinscreed4

Googling “Assassin’s Creed II too short” will return you around 176,000 entries. However, players who actually have completed Assassin’s Creed II are in the minority according to Ubisoft’s Gaelec Simard.

The Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood mission director told Joystiq that only 40 percent of players finished the game.

The stat was arrived at from tracking by Ubisoft’s Uplay online service. Simard says the figure is pretty decent, (guess)timating 5-10 percent as a typical completion standard.

”We want the player to experience the whole package, so that’s something we’re trying to push,” he said.

Anyone worried about the length-rate of Brotherhood, however, shouldn’t be: Simard told VG247 at gamescom the story will last 15 hours.

1. spiderLAW

Even ignoring the side missions, it easily clocks in at about 10hrs for me so saying its too short is lame. If anything, i felt it was too long. Maybe the ACTUAl STORY feels short because there isnt much key elements to the story. Most of what contributed to the story could have been left out and not have made a difference.

2. Moonwalker1982

LMAO. ACII too short? It was the perfect length in my opinion. It wasn’t too long,nor was it too short, just about right. When i finished the game, i was satisfied with it and no complaints. I have yet to do all the assassination missions and other things, so the game is long enough!!!!

3. D3SI

it was boring….

4. MushroomStamp

I didn’t finish it.. got about 80% and then moved on.. was bored and all the platform jumping indoors was extremely tedious. flagpole, flagpole, ledge, flagpole, ledge ledge ledge… blah blah blah

5. AHA-Lambda

@2 – exactly lengthy and well paced, more games need to do this

6. Moonwalker1982

Never once found it boring. The dungeons or (how were they called?) were awesome and the story missions were cool as well. So far Brotherhood is looking great, with plenty of variety in the missions and on top of that a promising MP mode.

7. Bikki

Finished the story and got Altair’s armor, that’s 100 % for me

8. The_Deleted

I got to a point and , despite fucking loving it to bits for a good while, I just stopped. Could not bring myself to do anymore.
    Great game, though.

9. Moonwalker1982

Yeah exactly, after finishing the main story there’s plenty to unlock and finish the city, but i just didn’t do that. Cause i got plenty of other games i’ve yet to finish.

10. choochoo

Game is crap and without Multi-Player not worth the purchase.

11. Dannybuoy

Is it because it’s boring as piss?

12. hitnrun

Uh…a 40% finish rate is extraordinarily high for a game. That word – “players” – includes every ADD kid, every game-borrowing friend, and compulsive game buyer with a 50-title Pile of Shame.

Take a look at your friends achievements or trophies. How many of those games does it look like they finished?

13. SantaCruzColin

Very few games get as high as a 40% finish rate. We’re all paying for stuff that we don’t use. Must be a better way.

14. Dralen

This is one of the few games that I thought had the perfect length for the story, and not only that but the story was so good it really willed me on to keep playing. Obviously I was one of the people that finished the game :P.

15. freedoms_stain

I completed it (1000G too) but I felt it was a wee bit of a slog towards the end. Better than AC1 though, which was a slog from like the 3rd mission.

16. LOLshock94

got to the part where everyone he new were assassins then thought it was retarded nd neva played it

17. Keivz

I found it tedious and only a hair better than the mediocre AC1… but I still finished it. I finish almost all my games though. I’ll probably get Brotherhood at some point, too, even though I gave both ac games < an 8, if only to complete the trilogy.

18. Wonko

I can’t comprehend how there are people who are near the end of the game and stop playing. Hell If I’m halfway through a game I might as well finish it unless I want to feel the guilt of not finishing it corroding me for years.

19. freedoms_stain

@17, from what I understand Brotherhood is more like Assassins Creed 2.5, they’re going back to Ezio for some reason. It won’t complete the Assassins Creed story.

@18, I sometimes won’t finish a game if it’s not that great and I’ve got something new I’d rather play.

20. Blerk

I finished it! But I finish most of my games. :-)

I thought it was a little over-stretched if you were doing the side-missions as well, but I guess if you were just doing the main story missions it would’ve probably been fine.

I also didn’t like it as much as the first game, despite what the reviews said. The original seemed to give you much more opportunity to take on assassinations ‘how you see fit’ rather than forcing you down a single route. I always liked that bit and it was fairly annoying that they took most of those choices away.

21. rapsound

lol
    i finish every game i start

22. Hybridpsycho

@10 It’s sounds like you think the Assassins Creed Multiplayer will actually be good…lol

I played beta, it sux.

AC2 Was the perfect length and it’s still a really good game, defo worth a buy and play through if you haven’t done so yet.
    The ending is a bit ridiculous but ey! :)

@17 Brotherhood will not be the finisher of the trilogy, AC3 will.
    Brotherhood is just an installment to continue Ezio’s story not Demonds

23. nico belic

Just after Ezio Wears that Stupid Assassin Cloth u Could’ve Guessed the rest of the Game !!! well it sucked anyways !