NfS: Hot Pursuit in HD: sun, sand, supercars

Friday, 3rd September 2010 15:59 GMT By Patrick Garratt

needforspeed4

EA dropped a fantastic gameplay trailer of Criterion’s Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit today, showing cars racing through the desert. Why would you not want this?

It’s out on November 19. The game’s been on tour in the US recently, as you can see in this latest video from Chicago.

DICE has been working on this as well, so with these two studios on it, it’s bound to be one of 2010′s stand-outs.

See for yourself.

1. Tallon 4

Graphics are nice, concept used to work for me a while ago…but now it seems kinda boring compared to other arcaderacers

2. Johnny Cullen

I went hands-on with this at gamescom. Twice.

And by God, I want it so baaaaaad!

3. Erthazus

I think it’s awesome.

4. Hunam

JC, is it like Burnout Paradise?

5. Johnny Cullen

Na. If anything, it has the feeling of the Hot Pursuit game that came out on PS2 years ago.

From the time I had with it, at the EA press booth anyways, it was to mostly show how Autolog worked.

The second time I tried it, it was on the showfloor when I had free time on the Wednesday, trying out the demo that was on the previous day at the press conference.

Either way, I had a lot of fun with both times I played it. I really want this game now. I don’t think Criterion’s going to let a lot of people down with this.

This is a winner. Quote me on it.

6. Hunam

Oh. The only racing game I’ve ever liked was BP. I’ll give this a miss then.

7. lindblum_resident

This is a proper Need for Speed. I’d even go as far to say that it doesn’t even remind of the PS2 Hot Pursuit 2 but the earlier, classic Need for Speeds. I mean, yeah, HP2 also had the same concept but this looks like Criterion has tried to make the environments look every bit as epic and exotic as the first Hot Pursuit or High Stakes.

Really can’t wait.

8. 2plus2equals5

Reminds me the latest outrun.

9. theevilaires

That was so boring wth, and the graphics are meh. When are we going to see some stellar racing game graphics thats on an uc2 level. GT5 is close but even still thats not there yet.

10. Ransom

Uncharted 2 is 720p. Gran turismo 5 is 1080p.