Vanquish demo now available on Xbox Live

Tuesday, 31st August 2010 17:50 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

vanquish

SEGA has released the 360 Vanquish demo a bit earlier than was promised last week, but it’s only available to Gold members at the moment.

It’s called Velocity Attack, and it should also be available for PS3 as soon as SCEA updates PSN. It may already be there, so you may wish to check.

The teaser sees you, ARS suit and all, on the landing bay of the Providence Space Colony. You’re tasked with gaining control of the facility. However, the enemy has massive Argus robots pounding around the battlefield and their only purpose is to destroy you.

Sounds harrowing.

Vanquish releases on October 19 in the US and October 22 in the UK for PS3 and Xbox 360, and those pre-ordering through Amazon UK get the Tri-Weapon Pack.

1. Michael O’Connor

Isn’t working for me.

2. Aimless

It’s US only for the moment, I believe.

3. Michael O’Connor

@3 Using a US account.

4. The Hindle

Read a few previews just now and its sounding fucking amazing basically, you have a button just for smoking a cigarette imo.

5. Aimless

@3 Oh, I assumed you wouldn’t have a Gold US account.

6. Michael O’Connor

@4 Yup, it’s awesome.

@5 It takes about five seconds to make one. Have accounts set up for every region, same as on the PS3. You never know when something worth while will come out in one country and not the other.

7. FeaturePreacher

They really need to let players set the button configuration for the triggers and bumper buttons. Either that or have an option to set fire on the right trigger, boost on the left trigger, manual aim on the left bumper, and reload on the right bumper.

So far, from what I see this game better keep adding more and more features later on the game such as the ability to move when using manual AR mode and a new game+. From the demo this game only seems to be worth $40 currently.

8. osric90

No demo in PSN yet (US)…I’m waiting since last midnight damn… Why they don’t hurry?

9. xino

what about PSN+!?
    I thought they get early demos too?

another reason why PSN+ is a piece of sh*

10. Michael O’Connor

@8 Aren’t PSN updates only weekly, except in very rare occasions?

11. Crysis

thanks mike, u reminded me i have an US account :)

12. Aimless

@6 My point was that you’d need a Gold account to download the demo due to Silver’s 7-day delay, and I wouldn’t expect people to have multiple paid up ‘tags.

Naturally I have a US PSN account and that’s probably how I’ll download the demo later tonight.

13. Herlock

US > Tuesday (late at night)
    EU > Wednesday

14. night_tripper

ill be downloading this from the store today looks like crazy chaos

15. KrazyKraut

I dont wanna troll or smthing….but how can it be that thegamingvault is copycat vg247 a little bit? TGV: Atlus is no more…kind of
    vg247: Atlus is no more sort of… lol….?

16. pepepisto

just downloaded and played through the tutorial and then through the demo and I can say “it’s freakin awesome!!!” it’s like gears of war except faster!! with a little bit of ninja blade (or the better known god of war) gameplay thrown in!! first day buy for me!! @7 i think you could change the button config under options! one question: does anybody know if its going to have multiplayer? if it is it’s gonna be that more awesome!!

17. Michael O’Connor

@16 Nope, no multiplayer.

Played this months ago, so it’s all familiar territory for me, but I except everyone to played this to be blown away, unless you’re a dead inside cynic.

18. onlineatron

It’s up on PSN now.

19. Michael O’Connor

@18 Whoo, thanks for letting me know. Couldn’t get this on my US Live account, so I’ll be grabbing this straight from the PlayStation Store, thank you very much!