Heavy Rain moves 1.5 million units

Monday, 16th August 2010 17:08 GMT By Joe Anderson

heavyrain4

David Cage is hoping Heavy Rain will manage to sell 2 million units this year, after revealing it’s already sold 1.5 million since launch.

According to Cage, Heavy Rain is one of few titles which has held its RRP since its launch, which he says, makes the sales figures even more remarkable.

Cage also said the review score stands at an average of 90 based on over 500 reviews, something he feels is a big factor in its success.

Heavy Rain was launched for PS3 late last year and the Move edition will hit sometime before Xmas, with a free update being released for those who already own the game.

Thanks, MCV.

1. Dannybuoy

JASON! dam I must get round to playing this game properly. Dam my 7 week old baby! ;-)

2. Xuchilbara

To Ninja Theory…. This would be far from successful….

3. cookiejar

Very well deserved. Said that before, But now I’ve said it again :D

Probably my tied GOTY so far with RDR. It was released Feb this year, not late last :)

4. AHA-Lambda

very good game with an innovative take on the gaming medium.

True it has some plot holes and the twist in all honesty is a slap in the face but we need mroe games like this. Cant wait to see what QD is up to next.

5. ExclusivesMostly

Yeah well deserved. Most unique game I’ve played.

6. No_PUDding

You haven’t played enough games. That is all.

I’ve hardly an encyclopaedic experience of video games, but there’s plenty of adventure games out there. That’s what Heavy Rain is.

7. frostquake

@itsucks…must put Spoiler Warning in your comments or the Depths of Space will freeze your eyeballs till they explode out of your buttered butt!!

I have not played the game, got frustrated with the controls on the demo…but want to play it on the Cheaper Downside unless itsucks ruined the game for me…if he/she did then your karma will forever be cursed!

8. b163oi

Loved the game, what game has a perfect story none. It was such a breath of fresh air in the gaming industry it was needed

9. b163oi

Yeah he ruined it, sorry

10. frostquake

Can someone in the upper echelons edit “itsucks” comment so no one else like me who wants to play the game, but probably won’t now edit his DUMB ASS Comment so it won’t ruin it for everyone else…Yeah you SUCK “itsucks” what friggin idiot!!!

11. Spaced Oddity

Pat, Stephany, someone with authoritative power:

It would be in yours and the best interests of the community if you would ban “itsucks” and people like him. Game spoilers should not be tolerated. This is no accident, either, as his posts are of the worst kind of fanboy, are offensive, contain spoilers, or provide no constructive criticisms or content considered discussion-worthy. Hell, if you’d like, I’d love to be a mod as I don’t mind getting my hands dirty.

12. LOLshock94

worst game ver

13. ivycrew707

Great game but buggy, i’m playing for the Plat now, but scared to not save b/c it freezes on the regular

14. Gadzooks!

Heavy Rain was one of the most contrived, badly scripted, badly acted, obvious ego-strokes I have ever ‘played’.

Take your bag of QTE’s and shove em Cage. Make games or movies, not this half-arsed crap.

15. YoungZer0

@7: It’s called Schizophrenia, you moron.

16. frostquake

Where the HELL is PAT and STEPH???

You don’t have to friggin Edit him…just TYPE above his post:
    SPOILER WARNING….
    I was going to buy the game but it is NOW FUCKING RUINED!!!

I am very careful to skip posts on games that I haven’t played yet, but want to if they first say SPOILER WARNING.

That is one thing that SHOULDN’T BE FUCKING TOLERATED ON A GAMING WEBSITE, LIKE THIS!!! Especially with a game that DEPENDS on you not knowing the ending, because knowing the ending before you play it means there is no fucking point in playing it..GAME RUINED…GAME FUCKING RUINED!! If you want to support a game like this, then don’t SPOIL it and put SPOILER WARNING as first line!!

NO way in HELL I am buying this now…”itsucks” ruined the game for me by just BLURTING out the ending to a game that it was CRUCIAL you not know the ending….

SHAME….SHAME….Karma is a BITCH!!!

17. Crysis

@Frosty, don’t you have any moderating powers? just curious cuz ur name is red, but i’m assuming you do not otherwise you would not be asking others to edit it, which brings me to my real question, what’s with the red name?

18. Robo_1

Yeah, he did the same for me with God Of War 3, but obviously it’s far worse with a story driven game like Heavy Rain. He gets his kicks from ruining games for other people, which is about as low as it gets in these gaming circles.

There’s no excuse at all for not banning him.

19. Boris Fett

Jesus people, stop being so verbally abusive because Pat and Steph the rest of them aren’t around RIGHT THIS MINUTE.

You do realise that they’re more than likely *asleep* right now? They’ll edit it when they see it. You don’t need to bash them and get angry about it.

If I had to deal with someone like frostquake yelling at me like that, I’d leave it up just to spite him.

20. Crysis

yeh, it’s like walking out of a movie & yellin the end of it to the next lot of people lining up to see it.

21. Johnny Cullen

That post’s gone, I deleted it.

itsucks – If I see another one like that again, I’ll see to it your account gets banned.

Everyone else – We’re sorry we weren’t about earlier to deal with it. Obviously, me and Pat are in Cologne planning gamescom stuff. And Joe and Steph went off to do their own things by the time the comment was posted.

Again, apologies.

22. mojo

12 & 14:
    go play modern warfare u tool and leave sophisticated games for sophisticated gamers. ty

johnny: BUT THE TITLE SAIS 24/7!!!! ALL LIESĀ°!!!!
    :D just joking :D love it!

23. Robo_1

He already spoilt the end of God Of War 3 for me. He does this a lot and he’ll do it again. Please put the rights of VG247 regulars not to have their enjoyment of games ruined, ahead of this trolls right to be a member of the community and ban him immediately.

24. frostquake

THANK YOU THANK YOU Mr. Cullen….NOW:

Could you please put me in the VG247 Time machine and take me back to before I read “itsucks” post so I could go buy the game…SIGH…I am really disappointed…I really wanted to buy this game…but can’t unlearn the ending that “itsucks” ruined for me…SIGH!!!

But thanks for trying to help…REALLY BIG SIGH!!!

25. mojo

frostquake, look

26. frostquake

@Crysis…Nope I don’t it just takes you to a link of a movie of a T-Rex Dinosaur who is dating a Human Girl who gets jealous of her having guy friends that is all. Actually Anyone can make their name red, by linking it…that is all…

The actual Problem was that “itsucks” shows up in the recent posts on the front of the site…so the game could be ruined right there without ever even clicking on the story…

“itsucks” also ruined the ending of Mass Effect 2 for me…not as big of a deal as Heavy Rain, but still proves that he/she was here just to troll and ruin endings…

NO matter what…for a Gamer to Ruin the Ending of a game for others, even if it is a game you absolutely hate, makes me question if you even really like games. I would NEVER ruin the end of a game for anyone, no matter what..NO MATTER WHAT!!

27. frostquake

LOL @25 Mojo…OMG I would totally do that…Heck I would do that for a ton of games so I could just go back and enjoy them again and again…LOL ;)