Dead Space 2 Limited Edition for PS3 has Extraction

Tuesday, 15th June 2010 21:27 GMT By Joe Anderson

deadspace2boxart

Sony has revealed a new PS3-exclusive Limited Edition Dead Space 2 pack which will see Dead Space Extraction packed in for free on January 28.

Also, Extraction will include PlayStation Move support.

Dead Space Extraction will be in full HD, and features the entire single-player game complete with all-new trophy support, as well as co-op gameplay, using Move in addition to DUALSHOCK 3 and SIXAXIS controllers.

Dead Space Extraction will also be sold separately as a standalone game via the PlayStation Store.

Awesome.

1. Blerk

Now, packing in a port of Extraction is a much better freebie than a crumbly old copy of Frontline!

2. Gekidami

I’m surprised it dosnt support Move, seems like a perfect game for it.

Also DS in 3D is something i’d want to experience. If i was willing to shell out on a new TV ofcourse.

3. Blerk

It does support Move, doesn’t it?

4. bluemanrule

Dead Space Extraction does support move but I am not sure if Dead Space 2 supports it. That may be what Gekidami is referring to. Looks like I will pick up the PS3 Limited Edition version of Dead Space.

5. Gekidami

I’m talking about DS2, not Extraction. I’m pretty sure they made no mention of DS2 supporting Move.

6. mojo

what tbh would be a bit of a let-down. would be the perfect game for it. would be a real shame if not..

7. Gekidami

Extraction does support Move. It said so when it showed it. Also worth pointing out is the fact that the package is ‘exclusive’ so Extraction will no doubt see a separate Live release.

8. zoopdeloop

@7 Only if it’s a Kinect based game…which i highly doubt it.Extraction was on the Wii which shares almost the same concept with Move…it’s much easier to port to Move than Kinect.With Kinect they’ll have to redesign controls of almost the whole game.
    It may actually be exclusive to ps3
    As for DS2 it may have Move support along the way.Resi5 has.So probably EA will go for it too.

9. Blerk

It says that Extraction also supports ‘normal’ controls so I’ve no doubt it’ll turn up on XBLA too. Although how playable it’ll be with a pad remains to be seen.

10. zoopdeloop

good to know that Blerk…then it will probably be on Live too i guess.I think it will be pretty enjoyable with normal controls too(if not better)

11. Gekidami

probably, i cant imagine it being exclusive (though its already on Wii so…). No Kinect support though, it just dosnt seem possible to use it in games like that.

I hope DS2 is announced to support Move or atleast have it patched in because it would just work.

On a sidenot anyone hear anything about the other digital DS game? The mining one?

12. Dralen

Well that sounds awesome. I never got to play Extraction, since I’ve never been interested in a Wii, but now…it’s on.