Lost Planet 2 patch incoming for PS3 and 360

Saturday, 5th June 2010 19:47 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

lostplanet2

Capcom has announced that a patch for Lost Planet 2 is to be released.

The update will include difficulty recalibration, balancing, various bug fixes, and re-spawn check points have been added to each section of a map and the boss area.

Weapons have also been readjusted, the speed of a players dash has been updated, and loads more.

You can get the full patch notes over on the Capcom Unity blog.

PS3 gets the patch on June 7, and the one for Xbox 360 is in the works.

1. Silent_Loner

Does it fix the ropey PS3 version?

2. Aimless

You already know the answer to that question.

The updates sound good, but the game’s real issues are far too fundamental to be patched, at least on 360. Not to say there isn’t fun to be had with it and I’m glad they’re intending to keep supporting the game and fixing what they can.

3. Silent_Loner

I haven’t played the full version but if it stops etc it would be pointless buying it.

4. Gekidami

Atleast they’re adding speed to sprinting. It feels wrong right now, like your character weighs a ton.

Shame they cant fix the crazy amount of loading in the game, no idea why they took the worst part of Monster Hunter and put it into this game. Engine that cant handle to much going on at the same time i expect.

5. Silent_Loner

Still tempted by the ps3 version though lol

6. Hunam

Does the full game still have that bullshit thing where you get stunned and can’t fire when being shot?

7. Gekidami

Yep. I think this patch sort of reduces that in SP though.

8. Hunam

Still a dealbreaker tbh.

9. Gekidami

Yeah, the game has a few little things like that that just make it a pain to play in PvP. I stopped playing it when 3D Dot Game Heroes came out, doubt i’ll ever go back to it.

10. Bulk Slash

“re-spawn check points have been added”

Anyone know if these are in the SP mode? I didn’t bother buying the game after I heard you had to restart the whole mission if you die in SP mode.

11. Gekidami

Yeah its for SP though i dont quite understand it because you dont have to restart if you die, you just respawn at a datapost you activated. Unless this means that you can restart straight from a boss even if you empty all of your battle gauge? Or maybe it means that you dont have to activate dataposts to respawn in some areas?

12. Bulk Slash

Thanks, I didn’t realise there were already restart points. IIRC all the reviews whined about having to go back to the start if you die in SP. I think I’ll order myself a copy now… :)

13. ivycrew707

Well its a decent game, the trophies and achievements make it very groundhog day……but the multi-player is way off balance unless u go in at a high level which makes it unattractive to someone who has played the game late……that definitely needs some fixing

14. frostquake

Will buy when Under $20 US….Demo ruined it for me.