Divnich: GTA V to appear at E3

Sunday, 16th May 2010 10:01 GMT By Joe Anderson

gtaiv

Rockstar could be set to unveil GTA V at E3 if EEDAR boss Jesse Divnich is to be believed.

Divnich made the prediction to Game Informer, saying although there won’t be a playable demo, the game will have some presence.

“I think we’re going to hear about another Grand Theft Auto. I think there won’t be any playable stuff. I think they’ll give you some type of teaser, because we do think that a year from then in 2011 we’re going to see another Grand Theft Auto,” he said.

Divnich was also asked if he believed Sony or Microsoft would try to gain some form of exclusivity.

“I don’t foresee Microsoft or Sony attempting to obtain any type of exclusivity with the next Grand Theft Auto,” he predicted.

“Microsoft paid a lot of money for exclusivity on the downloadable content for GTA IV, which unfortunately did little to move consoles for Microsoft.

“Back in 2004, the Grand Theft Auto was a huge brand, but only relative to the other brands that existed at the time. While the GTA brand is certainly bigger now than it was five years ago, others have emerged to reach similar levels of success, such as Call of Duty or Guitar Hero. In other words, if Sony gets an exclusive deal on GTA V, it would do little to disrupt Microsoft’s ability to move hardware, and vice versa.”

Rockstar is getting set to release Red Dead Redemption this week. Aside from a few teasers from GTA IV, nothing is publicly known of GTA V at this point.

1. Zarckan

It only went into full production in feb this year

2. ninjanutta

i cant see them having much to show,havent they been busy enough with red dead redemption?

3. Gekidami

Not the same teams, but they should still be busy with Agent…

4. itsamemarcus

Looking forward to this

5. Retroid

A reveal trailer which will show the city it’s set in, then.

6. Herlock

I want Agent, tired about the GTAs…

7. DGOJG

Edit: Double post

8. DGOJG

If this is announced I bet my bottom dollar Microsoft will be the ones to announce it and claim its “exclusive” to them in some form or another.
    Besides I’m personally not looking forward to this unless they go back to San Andreas style fun ala Gay Tony; GTAIV was overhyped and was too serious and boring for a GTA game. When your buying from that brand your expecting a laugh and to be able to fuck about in the city blowing shit up and killing anything that moves.
    Thats probably why I enjoyed Just Cause 2 so much more; yeah the story is god awful and the characters arre terribly written but I could fuck around in that map for hours on end, with endless possibilities. Name one other game where: you can jump from a car, leaving it to explode behind you while you transfer to a speed boat, after killing all the bad guys on the back of said car, to swooping up to a fighterjet, only to crash it into a military base where you can steal a tank that makes you wonder what happens if you attach the tank to the giant aircraft infront of you thats trying to take off and use it as a wrecking ball against the enemies bellow…

9. Bulk Slash

I’m still hoping they’ll re-visit Vice City with Tommy Vercetti.

10. Moonwalker1982

This would be amazing. But not getting my hopes up until i actually see it.

11. AHA-Lambda

Umhm they’ve got RDR coming out and they’re showing off agent why on earth would this show up?

And if it did stop calling ti GTA V!!! It won’t be called that just like VC and SA weren’t GTA 4!

12. babalot

ehm, i read “December 25, 2009″ in the game informer article… a little old, isn’t it?

13. Moonwalker1982

Daaaaamn…very old news, guess it won’t be happening. But yeah, it would make more sense for them to show Agent and/or LA Noire.

14. Erthazus

There will be no GTA at E3 2010. Thats just stupid thing to do when you have Agent, RDR and LA. NOIR

15. El_MUERkO

Noir this year, Agent next year GTVV the year after

16. AHA-Lambda

@ 12 – hmm, this shouldn’t be a news story then at all O_o

17. Moonwalker1982

A friend of mine said a week ago that there was a rumor about GTA V at E3, so that was more recent than this article. But maybe it was this article.

Ah well, it doesn’t really matter to me if it’s either Agent or LA Noire, looking forward to both really.

18. AliTheBrit19

I doubt it will be announced this year.

19. Happy Hardon Harry

I’m sick of the GTA games, RSN should be giving us new IP.

20. Razor

Divnich is the one who said it would announced before E3.

He doesn’t know anything. He’s more clueless than SCEE.

21. The Hindle

I wouldnt expect Agent details at this years E3, its more likely to be shown off again at E3 2011. Max Payne 3 will get its first offcial revealing most likely.

22. lirky

I think they should reveal a gta v like e3 2011. Since red dead redemption havent made its branding yet into everyones brain as deep and freshly from the free-roaming company rockstar.

23. Blerk

I’d love more GTA. I don’t think we’ll actually get it, but I’d happily trade Agent, LA Noire and Max Payne 3 for another GTA instalment sooner.

Not RDR, though. :-D

24. PS3_Rules

Let’s just hope this one turns out better then the let down GTA IV was, I hope it’s more towards GTA: San Andreas and not GTA: Vice City/GTA 3

25. Blerk

Lots of people say GTA IV was a letdown. I say “pft”! :-D

GTA IV was fucking brilliant, and the episodes were even better.

26. Erthazus

@25 i agree. I liked it. I don’t see a problem.

27. MrWolf

I can’t wait to see it i love gta they need to make one of Canada lol drivin around farms and off roading like come on who here always wanted to have demo with cars INSIDE the dome lol or jump off the cn tower into the dome u could make the dome and cn tower be able to go into and mess with stuff or drive onto the lake when it’s frozen or drive in the winter with snowmobiles and should make it town anything and everythin lik eget intot a tow truck and tow a huge jet down the streets lol or back up to some other player well he’s brbin and tow his car away with him inside lol that be funny AND add big foot trucks to it that be cool and even heli that can pick up cars come on rockstar lets get it better then gta sa get it done :P lol

28. Moonwalker1982

Damn…i almost had forgotten about this article. So last year they were already speculating GTA V, and that it would appear at E3, and they are doing the same this year. So this doesn’t mean a thing..GTA V probably won’t be at E3 at all. Rockstar has never did this during E3.