Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack hitting XBL June 3

Thursday, 13th May 2010 14:38 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

modernwarfare23

Activision has sent over a lovely mail, informing us that Infinity Ward’s second pack of multiplayer maps for Modern Warfare 2 will hit first on Xbox Live June 3.

Not a bit surprising there, is it? PC and PS3 will likely get it a month later, should it follow in the Stimulus Pack’s footsteps.

The Resurgence Pack features five maps and to celebrate, there will be not one but two Double XP weekends. First one starts Friday, May 28, and the second on Friday, June 4 – just in time for the new map pack – coincidence? We think not!

The mail, unfortunately did not provide us with details regarding pricing or the contents of the maps, so we’ll go dig around a bit for you and threaten a few people.

Keep an eye on this space for a possible update.

1. DocDavid

Enter Resurgence Map Pack Stage Right. Exit Infinity Ward Stage Left. Sa Sa Sa See Ya!

2. ReeceHeywood

Another already? I would of thought the second one would of come in August.

3. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Hit us both with the packs at full price early in the year for the rich and impulsive buyers, then reduce their price come holiday season..

I won’t buy the first one till it’s $9.99 or less. Just a matter of principle.

Still, good news they’ve got more maps in the cannon

4. Zonejeu

And details about the price ? 15€ so that Activision can have more money to fund crap games ?

5. Aimless

@2 If they get them out now then they can bundle them with a GOTY re-release in Augest instead. That should ensure the game holds a highstreet price of near enough RRP going into next year.

6. Yoshi

I hope they add more spec ops missions :(

7. DeSpiritusBellum

Resurgence pack? As in the resurgence of old maps? I see what you did there.

If they do come up with new ones, I hope they make them a bit smarter than the Stimulus maps. The original MW maps work fine, but the new ones feel like they’ve been slapped together in a rush.

Either way, I’m still playing the MW2 maps a lot more than the new/old ones.

@4 You sure care a lot about crap games, huh?

8. AHA-Lambda

someone tell activision how to read calendars right -_-

9. AHA-Lambda

RUMOUR:

10. MushroomStamp

Another one that I am not going to pay for. They should give this one free, considering the last one was only worth about 1/3 of the price.

I’m betting this won’t be like Gears map packs that eventually become free. Ah well too many other games to play to worry about this…

11. Josh411

I am so SICK of all the dlc/games/features always getting released for 360 before ps3 If you have some biase towards people who bought your game on 360 over other consoles (because MS paid you off)then you can count on me never buying any of your “timed exclusive” content/games. (I own both consoles but I prefer ps3 over 360 and I don’t see what MS is doing as a very lawful business practice)