Aliens in Crysis 2 will react to you, says Crytek

Tuesday, 4th May 2010 20:56 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

crysis25

Nathan Camarillo, executive producer for Crysis 2, has dished a bit about the aliens you will be fighting once the game is released.

Apparently, they will be just as formidable as you in your nifty nanosuit.

“Jumping across the level and sprinting, he’ll be able to do that as well,” Camarillo told CVG. “He’ll really challenge you. He scales buildings, he jumps over you. He’s tough.”

“There’s a big guy too, a kind of brute alien. The brute will actively try and destroy or invalidate your cover. If you crouch behind a car, he’ll know that it can be destroyed and will blow it up with his rockets.

“Enemies also react to the type of weapons you equip. If I’m coming at the heavy guy with a pistol, he doesn’t give a shit. But if I picked up a rocket launcher, and I fired it, he might take cover or try and side-step it.”

Crysis 2 is out later this year on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Pat spoke with Camarillo last month during the game’s unveiling in London.

Check out the full interview here.

1. Yoshi

Yes this is very new technology and never been in a game before, it’s called Artificial Intelligence or A.I as us at the office like to call it ;)

2. Enkeixpress

Sounds amazing.. I can’t wait to play Crysis 2 on mah’ ps3

3. deanimate

I just hope they’re not as atrocious as the aliens in Crysis. The game dropped like a sack of shit when the god damn aliens were introduced.

4. Erthazus

@3 I agree, but it is not because of aliens, it’s because game started to feel more Linear. Thats the problem.

+ I was pissed off by how much health they got.

Game is still one of the best shooters i played in 2007. Crysis 1 is a great game and i’m waiting for Crysis 2.

the only thing i’m waiting from Crytek now… Is a FUCKING PC TRAILER OF CRYSIS 2. Fucktwits…

5. Gekidami

Oh yeah, Nathan? Well, in Soviet Russia you react to aliens! Ha!

6. Yoshi

In Soviet Russia the bus ride YOU!

7. blackdreamhunk

I would like to see the pc version