Square Enix releases launch trailer for Nier

Thursday, 15th April 2010 12:58 GMT By Johnny Cullen

nierreplicant

Square Enix has put out the launch trailer for Nier. You can watch it below the break.

The RPG is due out next week in Japan and worldwide, with the former seeing two releases in the country tied into the main character: Gestalt for 360 and Replicant for PS3. They release next Thursday in the region.

Watch the trailer for it below, thanks to Joystiq.

1. DaMan

the plot will probably be decent, like previous Caivia games. I’m not sure the gameplay will be any good though.

2. Blerk

I can’t quite believe this is out next week! I know practically nothing about it and the press hardly seems to have mentioned it. I thought it was still months away. Doesn’t bode well, does it?

3. Monk

not interesting in this game, the design of the characters is awful !

4. Herlock

Ugly :|

5. abnormal alan

wow a new PS2 game?!? I’m assuming it must be to look that bad and the main character looks like a retard

6. Neolucifer

No thanks , you lost me for good when you decided that as a westerner , i’d prefer some ugly granpa over the japanese version .

I could have gotten over the meh graphics , since i usually enjoy Cavia’s games , but that was the last straw

7. DaMan

the graphics actually aren’t exactly mind blowing though.

8. DaMan

and Blerk – I don’t remember Drakengard getting lots of coverage back then either.

9. Phoenixblight

“Meanwhile, out of the two games from Japan, Gestalt will be the only one that comes west for both PS3 and 360, which will release next Friday elsewhere.”

Wrong-o

April 27th is not next week.

“for people who are into angsty bishounens and the such they’re releasing another version for PS3, Replicant.”

Wrong We westerners get Gestalt. Only Japan gets Replicant. The game is the same in every way only the Japanese version has an androgynous guy playing as the brother not the father.

We Westerners get the guy that is in the trailer. Can’t wait for this game.

10. DaMan

I meant you can import the PS3 version, since it’s region free.

11. Neolucifer

wich will still be in japanese , so pretty much useless for most westerners

12. DaMan

I would think westerners who are into bishounens that much know japanese :)

13. Neolucifer

that’s a weird shortcut , if true most jrpg fans wouldnt be waiting for us and eu version of their titles .

14. DaMan

I don’t think they wouldn’t be playing FF12 if Bash was the lead protagonist.. so no I don’t actually believe most of western jrpg fans are like that.

imo, it’s like people refusing to play the game if the japanese voiceovers aren’t included when they can’t even speak that tongue.